You can integrate FYI with Companies House to automatically import documents from the third-party provider for your clients. Documents are imported from Companies House and automatically filed against the relevant client as a document in FYI.
- In FYI, the import matches with the 8-digit unique Company Number in the Client - Summary tab.
- The Annual Accounts, Confirmation Statement and other corporate documents display in the Clients - Documents tab.
- Users can filter on the Source column in Documents Lists, to display documents imported from Companies House. We recommend creating a specific View, to allow users to quickly display the relevant list of documents. Refer to Saving Changes to the View Layout, Modifying and Deleting Views.
- Companies House documents are synced to FYI every day at 4.30 am GMT and are imported as PDF documents.
- The Filing defaults for imported documents are entered when setting up the Automation Process for this Integration. If no filing defaults are specified, the imported documents will be filed based on FYI's filing defaults of client, user and practice.
For details of how to set up the Automation process to import from Companies House, refer to Import from Companies House.
Connecting Companies House to FYI
To import from Companies House, you first need to connect Companies House to FYI.
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Click the cog icon next to Companies House to open the connection settings.
- Toggle the Enabled setting to "On" to complete the connection.
- The next step is to set up the Automation process to start importing documents from Companies House, refer to Import from Companies House.