These steps detail how to configure your practice’s settings and filing structure to enable you to Co-Edit documents internally. The setup is completed from within the Automations menu and the OneDrive app. You can set up the folder structure that FYI will automatically use for all documents that are Co-Edited internally.
Note: These steps can only be done by an FYI Admin.
If your practice has set security on any Cabinets, direct access to the secure cabinets needs to be updated.
Step 1 - Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account
Select your practice's OneDrive Admin Account and assign your Microsoft Security Group. This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin.
Refer to Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account for detailed instructions.
Step 2 - Set up the Co-Edit folder structure
Set up the folder structure that FYI will automatically use for all documents that are Co-Edited internally. What you add to the Structure List represents the structure of the folders that you want in your OneDrive FYI - Co-Edit folder.
Note: The folder structure for Co-Edit using OneDrive is unrelated to the folder structure for New Collaborate on SharePoint. Changes made to OneDrive will not impact New Collaborate.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Locate the OneDrive tile and click the cog icon to edit it.
The Co-Edit folder structure must be set up with Cabinet as the first level. This is set as default for new trials.
- In the Co-Edit tab, from the Available list in the left-hand pane, select and drag the relevant metadata to the Structure List in the right-hand pane.
- Then drag the selections in the Structure list up and down to order the fields, so they match the filing structure you want.
Note: Ensure Cabinet is the first level in the Structure list.
- Client Code can be included in the Structure list to ensure that if clients have the same name, a unique folder is created.
- Click Save.
If a level in the filing structure does not exist in the filing details of a document Co-Edit will ignore this level and create the next level down.
The Reset button will reset the structure list back to its default settings. It will not update your settings until you click Save.
Step 3 - Update the Direct Access on the Secure Cabinets in OneDrive
By default the Microsoft Group Name set up in Settings will be the security group assigned to all sub-folders in the OneDrive FYI - Co-Edits folder. Refer to Step 2 in Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account.
Where necessary, you can update security for which users can access which documents in FYI according to the Cabinet via the User Groups (refer to Managing User Groups). This step is required if your practice has security set on any Cabinets, such as Partner Files. Your practice OneDrive admin account user needs to log in to OneDrive and update the direct access on the secure cabinets as follows.
- Go to your practice's OneDrive folder.
- Click on the FYI - Co-Edits.
- Right-click on a Cabinet folder that you want to set access for.
- Select Manage Access from the pop-up menu.
The Manage Access pop-up displays.
- Under the Direct Access section, click the edit (the pencil) icon for the relevant group.
- Select Stop Sharing.
- You are prompted to confirm this. Click Remove.
- Still in the Manage Access section, click the + icon beside Direct Access and enter the new secure access group or specific users that can have access to the secure Cabinet.
For further information refer to the Microsoft article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/see-who-a-file-is-shared-with-in-onedrive-or-sharepoint-51bb79a9-b696-410d-a7a7-c320e541272d
Important Note: For any new Cabinets created that need security access, the access is not applied automatically. Permissions will need to be added to the folder in OneDrive directly.