Notud allows users to handwrite notes on their iPad, tablet or another device, then import and file the notes easily and securely in FYI as a PDF.
The FYI Integration with Notud is available to all users on Pro Plan and you must hold a current subscription for Notud. Notud will provide extra integration and onboarding advice for FYI users integrating Notud with FYI. To find out more, visit Notud.
This article contains the following sections:
- Connecting Notud to FYI
- Uploading notes to FYI from Notud
Connecting Notud to FYI
To connect Notud to FYI, you need to:
- Obtain the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI.
- Add the details to the Manage Teams and Subscriptions section under "Settings" in Notud.
Note: Notud recommends integrating their software with XPM or Xero prior to integrating FYI to maintain one source of truth for your clients. If you do not use XPM, you can still integrate Notud with FYI and import your client list via a CSV file. For more details, refer to Link Notud and FYI.
Step 1 - Obtaining the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group with Permissions enabled for Automations.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In the Notud app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the Notud Integration panel, click Create new secret. This will generate a new Access Key ID and Secret Key used to connect to FYI.
- The Access Key Secret will be displayed in a pop-up. Click the clipboard icon to copy the key and paste it to Notud or a secure location, for example, a vault.
Important: You will only be able to view the Secret key the first time this window is displayed. If the Key is required again, you will need to disconnect your integration and request a new Key before you reconnect your integration.
- Click Done once you have saved the Secret Key to a secure location.
- The Access Key ID will be displayed. Click the clipboard icon to copy and paste the information to Notud or a secure location.
- Optionally, you can select the Cabinet and Categories that will be used as the AutoFile Defaults if these have not been set up for the client.
Step 2 - Adding the FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret into the Manage Team and Subscriptions section in Notud
For information on adding the FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret in Notud, refer to steps 1 to 3 in the Notud help article Link Notud + FYI in 3 steps.
Once connected, you will be able to file your notes from Notud to FYI.
For any Notud questions, please reach out to their live support here.
Filing notes to FYI from Notud
Users are able to file their handwritten notes into FYI from Notud.
- Create your note
- Click the Save button in the menu bar
- Click '...' from the menu at the top-right
- Select Send to FYI
- Complete the filing details
- Click Send
The note will be imported into FYI and available as a PDF document.