Including a Loom video in a support request assists the Support Team to analyse and resolve issues.
After selecting 'Yes, record a video' in the Support Bot or 'Record Support Video' from the Help icon, a message will display for you to proceed to record a video.
- Click Continue.
- The Loom pop-up displays
Note: As a guest Loom user, you can record five (5) complimentary recordings.
When you have used all your complimentary records you will need to click Sign up for free to sign up for a free account with Loom with a Starter plan.
Refer below to Signing up for a Free Loom Account with the Loom Starter Plan.
If you already have an account with Loom, click Sign up for free and then click Sign in.
If you have already signed up for a free Loom account and signed in, the initial Loom displays as follows.
If you do not want to continue, you can close the Loom pop-up by clicking outside of it.
- If a camera is available on your computer, in the Loom pop-up in the Video Settings, you can select "Screen and Camera", "Screen Only" or "Camera Only".
If a microphone is available on your computer, you can add audio to the video to talk through any other explanations.
- Click Start recording.
- If you are prompted to allow your camera and microphone to be used, click Yes proceed.
- Choose the area of the screen to record, for example, "Entire screen", "Window" or "Chrome Tab" and click Share.
- The recording will start and you can move around FYI in the usual way to explain what you are submit the Support Request for.
- When you have finished, click Finish Recording.
- The video displays in the Loom message pop-up. If required, you can play the video.
- Click Insert recording.
- A message displays to advise that the Loom link has been copied to your clipboard.
- Click the FYI Bot in the bottom right-hand corner to open the chat and paste the link into the chat.
- Send the message and create the Support Request.
Note: If you are sending a Loom video to provide additional information to an existing support request, copy the Loom Link into your email reply.
Signing up for a Free Loom Account with the Loom Starter Plan
When you have used all your complimentary records, the following pop-up displays. You will need to click Sign up for free to sign up for a free account with Loom with a Starter plan.
Note: You may find it easier to create a new Loom account and sign in directly from the Loom website loom.com and clicking Get Loom for Free. When using the Loom Sign up or Sign in options from FYI, the FYI Create drawer displays for the relevant document that uses the shortcut key of what you type in the Loom Sign up or Sign in pop-up.
When you have signed up for a free Loom account, the Starter plan allows you to record 25 recordings. Refer to the Loom help article Loom Starter Free video and screenshot storage limit explained.
In the Starter Plan, you cannot exceed the limit of 25 videos in your workspace. This limit includes any previous videos you have made, in FYI or anywhere else. If you need to record more, you need to delete any unwanted videos. Refer to the Loom help article How to delete your videos.
Note: As a signed-in user, when you delete any of your videos from your library, the video links will no longer be available.