Welcome to the New Year! 2023 has begun with excitement and anticipation of the great things to come. The team look forward to bringing you more efficiencies in 2023 and adding to the joy of using FYI in your day-to-day.
A new integration with Companies House allows our UK practices to import all documents that have been filed with Companies House into FYI. Using an import automation, documents are automatically filed against the relevant client and are available for viewing in the Clients – Documents tab and Documents lists. Refer to Connecting Companies House to FYI.
FYI’s new Support Bot will open when you click on ? within FYI to launch a support request. The Support Bot will prompt users with a few simple questions and based on your responses, will fast track the process to submit and resolve your query or issue. In addition, you may also use the Support Bot to share your ideas for an enhancement in FYI. Refer to Using the Support Bot.
Prework for New Users delivers hands-on interactive exercises in the FYI platform before going live. Using sample clients, Prework is designed to put your knowledge from Learn into practice in the lead up to your ‘go live’ date. Existing practices can also utilise Prework to train new team members joining their practice.
Once activated, Prework is triggered via an automation as soon as each user completes the Building your Foundations Learn course. Emails, documents, jobs and tasks are automatically populated for a sample client and each user works through a set of interactive exercises to build competency within the platform. Refer to Prework for New Users to learn more.
Here are the additional enhancements now available in FYI:
- The Activity section in the drawer now includes further details of the draft filed email, including whether any “Required” Category in the Cabinet Filing Default has a missing value. Refer to Introduction to Email AutoFile.
- All updates made to a View in Practice Settings - Documents - Views are now displayed in the Activity section in the drawer. This includes what the update was, who made the update and when the update was made. Refer to Managing Views.
- When you send attachments via email, your choice to switch Include as PDF to "On" or "Off" will be retained as your default the next time you create an email. Refer to Creating an Email by Selecting Attachments in FYI.
- Practices can now select Calibri and Trebuchet MS as a 'Default Font' in Practice Settings. Refer to Formatting and Fonts using the Editor in FYI.
- When updating a Job in FYI, a 'Pending Sync' tag will appear beside the Job Name in the Job Summary. The tag prevents updates from being overwritten by other users selecting the Sync from PM button. Once the updates have synced to Xero Practice Manager, the tag will be cleared. Refer to Synchronising Clients, Staff, Jobs, Time, Tax Returns with Xero Practice Manager.
- Practices can now adjust the order in which Job States display. In Practice Settings select a Job State and use the Move up and Move down buttons at the top of the drawer to modify the sequence according to your preference. Refer to Managing Job States.
- When using FuseSign for digital signing, the 10MB file size limitation is no longer applicable. Refer to Digital Signatures using FuseSign.
For further details on the features mentioned above and more refer to January 2023 Release Notes.