CCH Workpapers by Wolters Kluwer streamlines the process of completing annual financials for accounting professionals. With the FYI and CCH Workpapers integration, users can easily attach document links from FYI directly to the workpaper, searching by Client, Cabinet and Document Name.
To find out more, please visit Wolters Kluwer.
Connecting CCH Workpapers to FYI
To connect CCH Workpapers to FYI you will need to:
- Obtain the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI
- Adding them into the Supporting Docs section under "Setup Sheet" in CCH Workpapers.
Step 1 - Obtain the Access Key ID and the Access Key Secret from FYI
- From FYI click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Click the CCH Workpapers cog icon to edit the integration.
- In the CCH Workpapers panel, click Create new secret. This will generate a new Access Key ID and Secret Key used to connect to FYI.
- The Access Key Secret will be displayed in a pop-up. Click the clipboard icon to copy the key and paste it to CCH Workpapers or a secure location, for example, a vault.
Important: You will only be able to view the Secret key the first time this window is displayed. If the Key is required again, you will need to disconnect your integration and request a new Key before you reconnect your integration.
- Click Done once you have saved the Secret Key to a secure location.
- The Access Key ID will be displayed. Click the clipboard icon to copy and paste the information to CCH Workpapers or a secure location.
Step 2 - Adding the FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret into the Supporting Docs Settings
The FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret can be added within the Setup tab of the CCH Workpaper.
For information on adding the FYI Access Key ID and Access Key Secret to CCH Workpapers, refer to steps 1 and 2 in the CCH Workpapers help article Attaching Supporting Documents from FYI.
Once connected, you will be able to attach document links from FYI to the CCH Workpapers tab in Excel.
For any queries on using CCH Workpapers, please reach out to their support by emailing email@example.com.
Documents are added from FYI to CCH Workpapers, rather than from CCH Workpapers to FYI. For this integration the AutoFile defaults may be disregarded.