Documents are opening as read-only
Documents from FYI are opening as read-only and can't be edited.
A recent Microsoft Office update has caused a 'read-only' issue in older versions of Office, including 2016, 2019 and in some cases 2021.
At FYI, we have investigated this issue as far as we can but ultimately the fix lies with Microsoft. However, you can use the following four issues to resolve the issue.
Until Microsoft provides an update, you may be able to resolve the issue using any of the following options:
- Close the affected document and reopen it from the "FYI - My Edits" folder (refer to Opening, Editing and Finishing Editing Documents)
- Use the FYI Desktop App to open and edit the document (refer to FYI Desktop App for instructions)
- To permanently resolve the underlying issue:
- Upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft 365
- Alternatively, rollback the latest Microsoft 365 update
Start a free trial, navigate FYI, learn the essentials.
Access our library of video tutorials, training webinars and masterclasses.
Configure FYI, migrate your documents and onboard your team.
Setup and configure users, practice settings, manage your FYI plan and more.
Ready-to-go automations for a range of processes used in practices.
new collaborate, automation, merge fields, primary client, in tray