When configuring your Collaborate app in FYI you can't see your SharePoint site in the settings.
This could be caused by one of the following, see below for a solution.
- The site has not yet propagated
- The configured OneDrive admin is not an admin/owner of the SharePoint site
- The site is not a SharePoint Communication Site
Site has not yet propagated
It can take up to 24 hours from when the SharePoint site was created to propagate. If it has been longer than 24 hours since the site was created and it still hasn't appeared, please contact support - email@example.com.
OneDrive admin is not an Admin/Owner of the SharePoint site
The OneDrive admin is required to be an admin/owner of the SharePoint site to manage the settings.
To resolve the issue you will need to either:
- Update the OneDrive Admin in FYI - refer to Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account
- Update SharePoint to add the user as an admin
To add the user as an admin:
- Log in to admin.microsoft.com
- Navigate to Show All > SharePoint
- From the menu on the left click Active Sites
- Select your SharePoint site and navigate to Permissions > Site Admins - Manage
- Add the required user as an admin
Note: Ensure the user also has Guest Invite permissions
- Save the changes
The site is not a SharePoint Communication Site
SharePoint offers two types of sites: Team Site, and Communication Site. Collaborate is only compatible with Communication Sites, to ensure that invitations can be sent to external users.
Read more on Communication Sites in the Microsoft article Plan your SharePoint Communication Site.