Creating and managing your Collaborate site requires a OneDrive Admin account to be configured so that FYI can create and manage your Collaborate site within Microsoft SharePoint.
The OneDrive Admin Account is used for both New Collaborate and the OneDrive Co-Edit functionality (used for staff to work together on internal documents). However, other than using the same account, all other settings within the OneDrive app relate specifically to Co-Edit, and not New Collaborate.
The steps below include details on how to connect to the OneDrive Admin account. For Co-Edit and OneDrive-specific settings, please refer to Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account. For managing your New Collaborate settings please refer to Configuring the FYI New Collaborate App.
- Linking these accounts can only be completed by an FYI admin
- New Collaborate only requires a OneDrive admin account to be connected through FYI
- The other OneDrive app settings affect the Co-Edit feature, not New Collaborate e.g. Folder structure
- Manage the New Collaborate settings via the Collaborate app.
Before You Begin
We recommend creating a Microsoft 365 account specifically for the OneDrive admin user account. Compared to using a specific team member's account, a generic account reduces the risk of any complications if the team member were to leave and you needed to deactivate their account.
Refer to OneDrive Admin Account for a detailed overview of the requirements and features accessible to this account.
Note: Ensure the selected OneDrive Admin Account has OneDrive enabled.
To select which OneDrive Admin Account you'll be using:
- Confirm the user has a Microsoft 365 Account with OneDrive enabled
- You have created an account in FYI and logged in (at least once) to activate the account.
Connect the OneDrive Admin Account
- In FYI click the Automation menu.
- Click the Apps tab.
- Locate the OneDrive tile and click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the Settings tab on the right-hand side select the OneDrive Admin User from the drop-down list.
Reminder: This will also affect the Admin User for the OneDrive Co-Edit feature.
- Click the Update OneDrive Access button to confirm the change.
For information on how to manage OneDrive for using Co-Edit with Team, refer to Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account.
Share your OneDrive Admin's In Tray
When a client adds files to their Upload Folder they are automatically imported and filed within FYI and removed from the Upload Folder. Read more about this process in Receiving Documents from the Upload Folder.
Using New Collaborate, any documents that cannot be filed will be added to the OneDrive Admin's In Tray in FYI.
If using a generic login for the OneDrive account (as recommended above) it's essential that you share the OneDrive admin user's In Tray with other users in your practice so these documents are visible and can be filed appropriately.
To share the OneDrive Admin In Tray:
- In FYI log in using the OneDrive admin account.
- Click the User menu icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Click My Settings from the drop-down.
- Click the Share tab.
- Click the Share with user link. The Add/Remove Users pop-up will display.
- Click the minus (-) icon next to the user(s) you want to share the In Tray with. The icon will change to a green tick.
- Click OK.
- The user's name will be displayed in the Share list.
Users can then use the new Filter by Owner button on their In Tray to filter documents by the Owner and view the OneDrive admin files.