The Practice Settings for Jobs allow you to configure a variety of settings related to how jobs are used by your practice.
Displaying the Jobs Practice Settings
- Log in to FYI as an FYI Admin.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, and then select Jobs.
- The Practice Settings - Jobs - Settings tab will be displayed.
Show Jobs by Client
This allows you to file documents either for a Job for the specific client, or for a job that exists for any client within the Client Group, for example when filing a document, creating a Time entry, or running a manual process for a client.
- Show jobs by client is ticked - only the jobs for the specific client are listed
- Show jobs by client is not ticked - all jobs for all clients in the Client Group are listed
Job Cabinet Security
This controls whether or not a Cabinet can be selected in a Job. This allows Cabinet security to be set on Jobs. Users only have access to those Jobs for the Cabinets to which they have been given access via the User Group they belong to. Refer to Managing User Groups and Using the Job Drawer.
When the Workflow Jobs function is enabled for your practice, Tasks that are set up for Jobs in Xero Practice Manager are synced to FYI and are created as Workflow Jobs. This creates "sub-jobs" within the overall Job.
Note: Once enabled, Workflow Jobs cannot be disabled.
We strongly recommend reviewing the features and considering this for your Practice. Refer to the following articles before enabling Workflow Jobs.