My user name in FYI is showing incorrectly, for example, the wrong last name. How do I correct that?
The method used to change the User Name depends on whether the practice is integrated with Xero Practice Manager or not.
For practices not integrated with Xero Practice Manager:
- Log in to FYI as an FYI Admin.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select General.
- Go to the User tab. A list of users will be displayed. Active users will be displayed by default.
- Click the User name to display the User Profile drawer.
- Click into the Name field and change the details as required.
- Scroll to the bottom of the User Profile drawer and click Save.
For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, changing the name of a user in FYI can only be done by a user in Xero.
- Log into Xero (not Xero Practice Manager).
- Click your initials in the top-right of the screen.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Update the details.
- For the changes to take effect, log out of Xero, and then log back in.
Once the above steps are done, this will automatically synchronise. If you need to see the change straight away, an FYI Admin can do a manual sync. Refer to Running a Manual Sync with Xero Practice Manager and Additional Notes on Syncing.
For more detailed information on managing user details, refer to Managing Users.