All the information in FYI is displayed on the Lists and Workspaces which are accessed from the menu options. Refer to the section Navigating FYI.
All lists initially display with default selections. You can then make .selections to search for, sort and filter the information.
- The search will only find anything that you have permission to access.
- You use the selections in the drop-downs at the top of the lists to choose which documents display.
For example, you can select a specific Cabinet, or select a 'view' such as the "All" in the document lists, or "My recently used" for the clients you have used recently. In the Clients list, you can select clients for one or more Managers or Partners.
These drop-downs will vary as relevant for the list you have displayed. Refer to Searching in Lists.
- You can use the Sort and Filter options in the column headings. Refer to Sorting and Filtering.
- You can use the Filter Drawer to easily locate documents for a selected Cabinet and Category. This lets you retrieve documents in a similar way to selecting folders in Windows Explorer. Refer to Filter Drawer.
- You can combine the search, sort and filter options.
- You can also change the order of the columns as well as include additional columns not shown as default and remove columns. Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in a List.
- You can save the changes made to the layout with Save View. This saves the layout for that list and makes it available to all users in your practice. Refer to Saving Changes to the View Layout, Modifying and Deleting Views.
- In documents lists, you can use the buttons at the top to refine what displays in the list. When enabled, these buttons display as white with a green outline. When not enabled, they display with a grey background.
You can use the Content Search button to perform a text search within the content of emails, phone calls, file notes and meetings. Refer to Search within Email, Phone Call, File Note and Meeting Content.
You can use the Mine button to display any documents or emails that have your name recorded as Owner. Refer to Using the Mine Button in Document Lists.
You can use the Starred button to display any documents or emails that you have Starred so you can easily access them. Refer to Marking and Displaying Starred Documents.
Starred functions are only available for practices on the "Pro" plan. Refer to Subscribing to an FYI Plan.
You can use the Hide Threads button to hide the underlying conversation thread of emails in lists so you only see the most recent. Refer to Managing Email Threads.
- In Job lists, you can use the Hide Closed and Primary only buttons to include closed jobs
and to show only the Primary jobs. Refer to Using the Jobs List.
Quick Tips for Finding Documents