Virtually any type of file can be uploaded and stored within FYI (for example, scanned PDFs, images, voice recordings). You can upload single or multiple files at the same time.
1. From FYI, click + New and select Upload. The Import drawer displays.
Note: You can also simply drag and drop documents into a clients' document list and the Import Drawer will display. Refer to Drag and Drop.
2. Select or enter the filing fields, or change the defaults that are given:
- Client - type at least three characters of the client name to display all clients containing those characters anywhere in the Client Name. Then click to select the required client.
- Categories - such as Cabinet, Work Type, Year.
3. Click Choose a file (or multiple files) from Windows Explorer or simply drag it onto the Drawer.
Note: You can select or drag more than one file at a time to upload multiple files.
4. Once you have added your file or files you can click create to file the documents into FYI
Assigning Uploaded documents to another user for filing
When using the Bulk Upload function, FYI provides the ability to allocate the documents to another user for final review and filing. This is especially useful when scanning and delivering external mail to team members.
- Before clicking Create, select Then choose another Owner other than yourself and change the Filing Status to Draft. This causes the imported document to be directed to In Tray of the new Owner.
By setting Remember selections to On, will ensure the Advanced settings are redisplayed with the same configuration the next time you use the Upload. A useful feature when scanning a large volume of documents on behalf of another user in the practice.
- Click Create.
The file is imported to FYI and awaiting review in the Owners In Tray.