Virtually any type of file can be uploaded and stored within FYI (for example, scanned PDFs, images, voice recordings). You can upload single or multiple files at the same time.
Bulk Upload is only available for practices on the Intermediate or Pro plan.
This article contains the following sections:
Using Bulk Upload
- From FYI, click the + button in the menu bar and select Upload.
The Import drawer displays.
Note: You can also drag and drop documents into a clients' document list and the Import Drawer will display. Refer to Drag and Drop.
- Select or enter the filing fields, or change the defaults that are given:
Client - type at least three characters of the client name to display all clients containing those characters anywhere in the Client Name. Then click to select the required client.
Categories - such as Cabinet, Work Type, Year.
- Click Choose a file (or multiple files) from Windows Explorer or simply drag it onto the Drawer.
Note: You can select or drag more than one file at a time to upload multiple files.
- Once you have added your file or files, click Create to file the documents into FYI.
Bulk Upload of Emails
You can Upload or Drag and Drop to import emails, for example emails from a shared mailbox, historical emails etc. However, emails that are imported cannot be threaded with the original email.
When using Upload to import email(s), a message displays at bottom of drawer, "Please note: emails imported using drag and drop or uploaded are a new copy which will not thread with the original email."
For emails, the Activity section in the drawer shows "Manually uploaded document" to show that the email was created using drag and drop/Upload.
Assigning Uploaded documents to another user for filing
When using the Bulk Upload function, FYI provides the ability to allocate the documents to another user for final review and filing. This is especially useful when scanning and delivering external email to team members.
- Before clicking Create, select Then choose another Owner other than yourself and change the Filing Status to Draft. This causes the imported document to be directed to In Tray of the new Owner.
By setting Remember selections to On, will ensure the Advanced settings are redisplayed with the same configuration the next time you use the Upload. A useful feature when scanning a large volume of documents on behalf of another user in the practice.
- Click Create.
The file is imported to FYI and awaiting review in the Owner's In Tray.