Categories are the way in which documents are tagged to create a filing structure. Each practice can configure the Categories depending on their specific requirements.
When FYI is implemented, the Categories "Work Type" and "Year" are added automatically. You can add your own categories as needed, for example, Tax, Audit, Administration etc.
Within each Category, are Options which are the values that are selected by users for that Category. For example, for the "Year" category, the values will be a list of years (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, etc) from which users select the required financial year that the document or email relates to.
Displaying the Categories
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select Documents.
- Go to the Categories A list of Categories displays.
Removing a Category
On the list of Categories, click the Remove link and confirm.
Changing a Category
- Click on a Category in the list to display its name and the Options. This also allows you to select if a Category can be selected when setting up a Template as there may be some that are not relevant for Templates.
Changing or Adding Options to a Category
- To remove an option, click the Remove icon next to it.
- To add a new option click the Add Option to Category link, enter the name of the new option and click Save.
To save any changes made to a Category, click Save.
Adding a New Category
- From the Category list, click the Add Category button.
- Enter the Category Name
Select if it will be available for selection in Templates
Click the Add Option to Category link and enter the Options that will display as values for the new Category.
- Click Save.
Note: When adding a new Category, check the Cabinets and, if relevant, include the new Category in the Cabinets. If you do not add a new Category to a Cabinet, it will not be available for users to select. Refer to Managing Cabinets.
If any new Options are added to a Category, these will be automatically available for the relevant Category.