FYI provides the ability to set or change defaults for a Client to define which Cabinet, Categories, and Job (if relevant) are used when auto-filing emails, documents and tasks. For clients that are part of a Client Group, the defaults also set which client to nominate as the client to include in AutoFile.
From FYI, click Clients, search for and open a specific client.
- Go to the Detail tab. Refer to Client Detail
- Select the default values for Cabinet
- If jobs have been enabled for your practice, you can set a default Job for any other cabinets on which Jobs can be selected. Refer to Jobs and Jobs - Enabling Jobs and Setting Client Defaults.
- Depending on the Cabinet selected, you can optionally select Categories set up for your practice, such as Work Type and Year.
- The Send Attachment option is used to select the default for how attachments are sent to the Client. This can be set as Email, OneDrive, or Postal Service.
- Email - refer to Sending Documents via Email
- OneDrive - refer to Sending Documents via OneDrive and to the articles in the Collaborate section
- Postal Service - refer to Mail Register - Updating the document Delivery Status as Sent or Received. This displays a message at the bottom on the Drawer as a reminder that the client wants to receive documents by postal service. This can be overruled when sending so if the document is an exception it can be sent, for example, by email.
- Include in AutoFile determines whether this Client will be considered as the Primary Client for AutoFile. Where the client is part of a Client Group, it is likely the clients in the group will have the same email address. by selecting which of these clients to nominate as the client to Include in AutoFile, this determines which will be used as the primary contact when emails are automatically filed. Only clients that have been nominated as Include in AutoFile will be considered during automatic filing of emails. Refer to Nominating the Primary Client to Include in AutoFile
Note – Your Administrator can set In tray review multiple clients to "On". This will mark an incoming email as Multi Client if no Primary Client has been nominated and where the email address is shared by more than one client. Refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions.
Changing Filing Settings after Auto-Filing
When emails, documents and tasks have been auto-filed, the Cabinet and Categories can easily be changed by selecting the email, document or task in a list and changing the filing settings in the Drawer.
In the same way, if a Primary Contact is set on a client, the client can easily be changed in the Drawer if it needs to be refiled under a different client in the group.
Default Cabinet, Categories and Job can also be set from Outlook. Refer to Setting Filing Defaults for a Client from Outlook.
You can also set filing defaults for your own login that will be applied if none are set at the client level. Refer to Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login.