There are various defaults you can set up to reflect your individual preferences. These configurations can be set up for your own login from Settings - My Settings. Refer also to Individual Settings and Status.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
A standard user will see My Settings as an option.
An FYI administrator will also have access to the Practice Settings.
If the user is in User Group that has Administer Templates enabled, the user will see the option Documents which they can use to add, edit or remove Templates and Stationery.
- Select My Settings from the drop-down.
Individual Profile Settings
Each user can set defaults for their own login via their Profile settings. This is where individual defaults can be set for notifications, attachments, how you want to use the Preview function and how you prefer to open Office products (via the Desktop or Online). You can also choose to override the default setting for your practice for how emails are auto-filed.
From FYI Settings > My Settings, go to the Profile tab.
If Email AutoFile is set "Off" in your Practice Settings so that no autofiling will be done for your practice, certain options cannot be changed in your individual settings and your My Settings displays as follows.
Notification Mode - When set to "Disabled", no email notifications are sent.
When set to "Email", you will be sent an email notification when:
- You have been assigned to a task (refer to the section Tasks).
- A task that you initiated has been completed.
- You are referenced in a Comment (refer to the section Comments).
Autofile Email Attachments - This is the same as the Save Attachments Separately in the Practice Settings (refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions).
This setting only applies to incoming emails. Refer to Filing Email Attachments and Filing Email Attachments - Non Default Configurations.
- When Save Attachments Separately in the practice-wide settings is set "Off" this applies to all users and you cannot override this.
- When Save Attachments Separately in the practice-wide settings is set "On", you can change this in your own user settings by setting AutoFile Email Attachments to "Off" to override the practice setting.
- When Autofile Email Attachments is set to "On" this allows attachments in incoming emails to be filed as separate documents in FYI.
- When Save Attachments Separately/Autofile Email Attachments is set to "Off", attachments in incoming emails do not get saved separately and the only way to save email attachments is manually from the attachment section in the filed email (in FYI or in your Outlook).
Weekly Stats - This option is only available for FYI administrators. When set to "On" you will receive a weekly email summary of the transactions that have taken place with various apps connected to FYI. The email is sent on a Sunday with the summary of transactions from the previous Monday through to the Sunday. The following is an example of the Weekly Stats email that is sent.
Preview Office Via OneDrive - This determines how the Preview function displays Office documents. This can be set "On" or "Off" (refer to Previewing a Document).
- When Preview Office via OneDrive is set as "On", the document displays in the Preview and retains the same formatting as when opening the document from the Office product on the desktop.
- When Preview Office Via OneDrive is set as "Off", this is quicker to display, but you may find that the formatting of the content of the document may not be accurate, especially for more complex documents.
Open Outlook using - This setting determines what happens when you use the Open button to open draft emails, or the Reply, Reply All or Forward button to open a sent or received email. It can be set as "Practice Default", "Online" or "Desktop".
Online opens the email via the browser.
- Desktop does not automatically open the email via Outlook Desktop but moves the email to your FYI - Drafts folder. You can then open the email from your FYI - Drafts folder in Outlook Desktop.
- Practice Default is set by an FYI administrator from Practice Settings > Admin > Settings (refer to Practice Settings).
Refer also to Opening and Editing Emails.
Open Office using - Select "Practice Default", "Online". When using the Edit icon to edit a Word, Excel or PowerPoint document, this will open the document either using Desktop or Online via the browser. Refer to Opening, Editing and Finish Editing Documents. The Practice Default for this is set by an FYI administrator from Practice Settings > Admin > Settings (refer to Practice Settings).
AutoFile mode - AutoFile mode can be set as "Practice Default", "In Tray review", or "AutoFile".
This setting controls whether emails from Outlook are added to your In Tray in FYI for review before they are shared with the entire practice, or auto-filed without appearing in your In Tray.
The Practice Settings holds a practice-wide setting for Autofile mode (refer to In Tray Review in Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions).
You can override the In Tray Review default setting for your practice. This might be preferable, for example, if emails are normally auto-filed for most users across the practice but you are a partner and want to always first review your emails from your In Tray before making them available practice-wide.
- In Tray Review - In Tray Review is "On" emails from Outlook are added to your In Tray in FYI for review before they are shared with the entire practice. This is the default setting for new users.
- Practice Default - uses the setting for your practice (either In Tray Review "On" or In Tray Review "Off")
- Autofile - In Tray Review is "Off" and emails are auto-filed without appearing in your In Tray.
Individual Settings for Document AutoFile
To save time filing documents for a specific client, FYI provides the ability to set filing defaults for the Cabinet and the Categories for each client. Refer to Setting Filing Defaults for a Client.
If filing defaults are not set up at a client level, FYI checks to see if the user who is filing the documents has their own personal defaults. Auto-filing defaults can be set up to reflect the preferences of individual users.
From FYI, Settings > My Settings, go to the Documents tab.
In the AutoFile Defaults,
Select the default values for Cabinet and Categories that you would like to use if these have not been set for the relevant client.
The defaults can also be set for you by an FYI administrator. Refer to Setting Defaults for a User in Users.
Individual Settings for Signatures
A digital scan of your signature can be held in FYI and added to Word documents. You can add this to a Word document from the Signature section in the FYI Drawer in Word. Refer to Adding your Electronic Signature and Inserting your Signature into a Document,
Share, Security, Devices and Status Tabs
Refer to Individual Settings and Status for information on these Settings tabs.