Any stationery used within your practice can be set up within FYI and used when creating Word documents. For an overview of how Word Stationery is used, refer to Overview of Templates, Stationery and Merge Fields for Documents.
Word Stationery is created and edited in the same way as a Word Template, except:
- In the Filing section of the drawer, checkmark that the Template is Stationery.
- Word Stationery does not have Default Filing.
- The Stationery needs to include a "Body" bookmark in the content of the Word document. When creating a Word Document in FYI and a Template is selected as well as the Stationery, the bookmark indicates where to include the text and any merge fields from the Template
In the same way as Templates, Stationery can only be set up and maintained by an FYI administrator, or by a user who is in a User Group that has Administer Templates enabled (refer to Managing User Groups). Merge Fields can be used in Stationery in the same way as those used for Templates (refer to Including Merge Fields in Word Templates and Stationery).
- Create the Word Template, either directly in the Knowledge - Templates list
By dragging and dropping an existing Word document on to the Knowledge - Templates list.
Refer to Creating Templates for Word, Spreadsheet or Presentation.
- In the Filing section in the drawer, checkmark Stationery.
The Stationery indicator can be checkmarked when the Template is created or it can be edited after.
Make sure the name of the Stationery clearly describes when it would be used. For example, if you have two divisions in your practice and have separate letterhead for each, add the division name to the Stationery name.
Adding a "Body" Bookmark to Include Text from a Template
If users will be creating Word documents where both an FYI Stationery and an FYI Template is selected, the Stationery must include a Word bookmark to indicate where to include the text and any merge codes from the Template.
The bookmark in the Stationery must have the name Body and this needs to be inserted in the Word document that is added to the FYI Stationery. If the Stationery does not include the bookmark, or if the bookmark is named anything other than "Body", any text from an FYI Template will not be included.
Note: The Stationery can be used without a Template, and when this is the case, the bookmark has no effect. It is therefore recommended to add the Bookmark to all Stationery.
Adding a Bookmark to a Word Stationery must be done using the desktop version of Word. This functionality is not available in the online version of Word.
- When adding the Stationery content, position the cursor in the location where you want the text from an FYI Template to be included when this Stationery is used. This would commonly be below the letterhead, address and salutation and above the sign-off. The Bookmark is added without any other text being selected.
If you are copying the content from a pre-prepared document, this must be done using the desktop version of Word.
- Add a Bookmark with the name "Body".
To do this, from the Word menu, select Insert. In the Links section on the menu, select Bookmark.
Enter the Bookmark name as "Body".
The bookmark shows in Word as a vertical bar.