To guarantee that FYI has the ability to leverage the full benefits from your practice Office 365 subscription and ensure that all of your users are on the latest version of FYI Desktop for Windows, you need to add the FYI for Office and the FYI for Outlook apps to your Practice Office 365 account.
This is a mandatory step, that must be completed before your team begins using FYI.
Note: you must be an Office 365 Administrator for your practice to complete this function on behalf of other users.
Alternatively, you can add the FYI Apps for yourself as a trial (refer to Adding FYI Apps as a User from within Office and Outlook). If any users have already added the FYI Apps as individuals, the Apps can still be added for your practice Office 365 subscription without effecting what has been added by the individuals.
Step 1 - Locating the FYI Apps in the Microsoft Store
- Go to https://appsource.microsoft.com
- Log in using the credentials of the user with Office 365 Administration privileges for your practice
- Search for FYI, you will see 2 apps at the top of the list, FYI for Outlook and FYI for Office. Both of these need to be installed in your Office 365 account
Step 2 - Installing FYI for Outlook
- Select FYI for Outlook
- Click Get It Now
- Follow the prompts
- Once the install is complete, you will see FYI for Outlook in your list of Services and add-ins
- Highlight FYI for Outlook and click Next.
- Select Mandatory, always enabled and click Next.
- Select either Fixed for Everyone, Optional or Available depending on the degree that you want to roll out FYI to your practice.
Step 3 - Installing FYI for Office
- In the same way as installing FYI for Outlook, in the list of Apps in the Microsoft Store, select FYI for Office
- Click Get It Now
- Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is complete, you will see FYI for Outlook in your list of Services and add- ins
- Highlight FYI for Office and click Next
- Select either Fixed for Everyone, Optional or Available depending on the degree that you want to roll out FYI to your practice
For information on how to check that the FYI Add-ins have been installed, refer to How to check that FYI Add-ins for Office Products have been installed.