Home is your personal view of information in FYI. This is where you will find emails, documents and tasks specific to your login.
Information in FYI appears in lists. Each list is represented by a tab within your Home. You can re-order the position of each tab by clicking and dragging it to the position you desire.
The Home tabs allow you to display information relevant to you, including:
- Emails and Documents
- Tasks, Comments and Notifications
- Jobs and Time
Displaying Emails and Documents
- The In Tray lists emails and documents that have been brought in from Outlook and other external services but not yet been filed in FYI. This allows you to check them before making them available to all FYI users across your practice. All emails and documents in the In Tray have a status of "Draft Filed". You will only see documents and emails in your In Tray if you are the “Owner”.
- My Recent shows the emails and documents that you have recently created or modified. By default, this displays the emails and documents you have modified in the last five days.
You can change this by filtering the list on the My Last Edit date. The My Last Edit date and time is based on the date and time that you started editing the document (that is when you checked the document out).
- My Edits shows all the documents and emails that you currently have open for editing. When you edit a document, FYI checks that document out to prevent other users from editing it and avoid loss of work or save conflicts. While you have the document checked out, it will appear in My Edits. Documents are sorted on Modified On date.
To save your changes and check a document back in to FYI, select it in My Edits and click the “Finished Editing” button, or click the "I am finished editing" in the drawer.
It is recommended that you check your My Edits at least once a day for any documents you may still have open for editing.
- My Starred displays emails and documents that you have marked as Starred to 'pin' them for easy access.
For information on locating documents using views, sorts and filters, refer to the articles in the section Search and Retrieval.
- My Approvals displays any emails or documents that have been assigned for your approval in the workflow process.
It displays emails or documents with a workflow Status of "Pending Approval" and where you have been assigned as the Approver. An Approver can use this tab to preview emails or documents that are waiting for approval and easily mark one or more as Approved.
Workflow functions are only available for practices on the "Pro" plan.
For more information on how to enable the review and approval of emails and documents, refer to the articles in the section Workflows.
Displaying Tasks, Comments and Notifications
- My Tasks displays tasks that have been delegated to you by others, or that you have delegated to yourself.
- Delegated Tasks displays tasks that you have delegated to other people.
- My Comments displays a list of any documents for which you have created a Comment or on which you have been mentioned. Click on the first line of the summary to display the details of the linked Document in the Drawer, with the Comment pane opened automatically.
You can filter the My Comments by Date Range with a Start and or End Date. You can also filter these by comments you are mentioned in or that you have created.
- Notifications displays all system notifications from FYI. For example, if you have been allocated a task, if someone updates a task that you have delegated to them, or if you are mentioned in a Comment. The Alerts icon in the top right-hand corner of the menu can also be used to display Notifications.
For more information on creating, delegating and viewing Tasks and Comments, refer to the articles in the section Tasks and Comments.
Displaying Jobs and Time
- My Jobs displays Jobs assigned to you (this does not include those Jobs where you are the Manager or Partner). You can display the Jobs as a List or as a Board. The Home - My Jobs displays using the same layout and sorting that is set for the "Open" view in the Jobs list.
- My Time displays your Time information. Time functions are only available for practices on the "Pro" plan. The Home - My Time displays Time entries filtered for the current week.
For more information on how to display and maintain Xero Practice Manager jobs within FYI and to add Time, refer to the articles in the section Jobs and Time.