When you click the Clients menu option, this displays a list of all Clients across the entire practice.
You use this to locate a client you wish to work on.
Watch our 3-minute recorded demonstration of how to use the Clients List and Clients Workspace:
The Clients list is initially set to display "All Clients".
You can change this by changing the drop-down to select "My recently used".
This will show the last 25 clients that you used, but this can be expanded to 50 or 100 by selecting the per page option at the bottom of the screen.
If required, you can do a further search within the clients that you have most recently used.
Quick Access to Recently Used Clients
You can also click the down arrow next to the Clients menu option from any of the lists or workspaces to select one of the last 20 clients that you used.
Displaying Clients for a Specific Partner or Manager
Use the Partner or Manager drop-downs to select a specific partner or manager within your practice and display the clients that person is responsible for.
Displaying Client Groups
You can include the Client Group as a column in the Clients list. Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in a List.
Searching for Clients
Use the Search Clients field to search for a specific client.
- To find the required Client, enter any characters of the client name and press Enter. FYI searches for all clients containing those characters anywhere in the Client Name and displays them in a list.
- To increase the number of clients displayed in a list, set the number per page at the bottom of the list.
Exporting a List
You can Export the information that is currently displayed in the Clients list as a .CSV file (Comma Delimited) which you can then open in Excel. Refer to Exporting Lists.
The Clients Workspace
Click on a Client Name in a list to display the tabbed pages from where you can view information, documents, tasks, and jobs specific to that Client.
- The Summary tab includes client and group information, client details, recent documents and tasks related to each client. This is where you can enter details of phone calls, meetings, and file notes.
- The Detail includes any default settings such as Include in AutoFile Cabinets, and Categories for documents and tasks created for the client. This is also where you can set the default Job (if relevant).
- Tax displays Tax returns imported from Xero Tax.
- Jobs tab provides access to Jobs that have been synchronised from Xero Practice Manager,
- Tasks and Documents display the Tasks and documents that are specific to the Client.
- If you are integrated with BGL or NowInfinity, Corporate Affairs shows a summary of annual ASIC statements. When integrated with NowInfinity integration, it also includes imported corporate documents.
- Apps shows and third parties with which the client is integrated. You use this tab to connect a client to Xero Tax. Refer to Linking an FYI Client to Xero Tax.
- Processes tab displays an any Custom Processes that have been set up to run manually and that relate to a specific client. These can be run from the Processes tab for the selected client. Refer to Custom Processes.
- The Process History tab is an automatic log of any automation Processes that have run for the client. This shows the status or Success, Error or in Progress.
If you need to update client information such as name or address, this must be done in Xero Practice Manager.
For a detailed description of the Client Workspace, refer to Displaying Documents and Information for a Client.
On the Clients list, the Duplicates button can be used to display clients who have the same email address.
You can use the Duplicates function to display the emails that are shared by more than one Client and to select which Client to nominate to Include in AutoFile. Refer to Setting Filing Defaults for a Client
Every 15 minutes, any changed client data in Xero Practice Manager is automatically synchronised with FYI. Overnight, every 24 hours, there is a full automatic synchronisation of clients in Xero Practice Manager with FYI.
Manual sync can be performed if, for example, a client has been added or changed in Xero Practice Manager and needs to be available in FYI straight away. This can be done by any user from the Clients workspace by clicking the Sync button and will only sync the clients. Refer also to Synchronising Clients, Staff, Jobs and Tax Returns.