In FYI, your Dashboard - In Tray lists emails and documents that have been brought in from external services, either automatically or during an import. Refer to Dashboard.
This includes Client emails that have been imported from your Outlook Inbox, ready for you to review before making them available to all FYI users across your practice.
By default, internal emails and non-client emails are excluded. Refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions.
When you file or delete an email, it will be cleared from your In Tray.
- When you delete an item in your In Tray, it will not be deleted from Outlook
- When you file an item from in your In Tray, it will be marked as “Filed in FYI” in Outlook. So, you only need to file the email in one location. Refer to 'Filed in FYI’ Label in Outlook.
- When you file an email directly from Outlook using the FYI Drawer, it will be automatically removed from your In Tray and filed in FYI. This also applies if a secondary recipient files the email from their Outlook.
Deleting an Email
If you wish to delete the selected email, click Delete in the tool bar. Or right-click and select Delete from the tool bar pop-up menu. Refer to Tool Bar and Right-Click Functions.
You can also select multiple emails in a list using the check-boxes on the left-hand side. and delete more than one at a time.
Filing Email from the In Tray
- From FYI, display the Dashboard.
If the In Tray is not already displayed, click the In Tray tab.
A list of emails and documents displays. Depending on your settings, they will have been auto-filed to a Client and Cabinet.
The Delivery column in the In Tray displays whether an email/document has been received or sent.
If there are threads on an email, and Hide Threads is enabled, the Email Thread icon displays next to relevant emails. This means you can file a thread of multiple emails in one go. Refer to Managing Email Threads.
You can customise your In Tray by adding, removing and moving the columns that are included. Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in a List.
- Click to select an item in the list, or use the checkbox on the left-hand side to multi-select.
- To preview an email/document, click Preview on the side of the Drawer.
- In the Drawer, change or select any of the Filing details as relevant
- Click File.
The drawer for that email/document closes so you can file the next one in your In Tray.
The email or document is now available to everyone in the practice.
Filing Emails where the Address is Shared by More than One Client
Where an email address is shared by more than one client, you would usually have set which client to file these under by setting Include in AutoFile. Refer to Setting Filing Defaults for a Client and Nominating the Primary Client to Include in AutoFile.
Your FYI administrator can set your In tray review multiple clients to "On" so if no client has been nominated, and if an email is received where the email address is shared by more than one client, the email is marked as Multi Client. Refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions.
When filing the email from the In Tray, a list of the clients who hold that email address displays in the drawer so you can select which client to file it under.
Filing Email Using Bulk Update
You can use Bulk Update to file multiple emails and documents from your In Tray.
- Use the checkboxes on the left-hand side to multi-select all items that you want to file in the same location.
- Click Bulk Update.
- The Bulk Update Drawer displays with the fields that you can change.
- Make your selections for Client, Cabinet and for the fields you want to apply to all the selected documents.
You can set the Filing status as "Draft" or "Filed". Selecting "Filed" will file the document(s) and remove them from your In Tray. Selecting "Draft" will file the documents but leave them in the In Tray of the relevant Owner.
- Optionally assign an Owner and Workflow Status.
- Click Save.
Refer to Bulk Update.
Sharing your In Tray
If at any time you need to re-delegate unfiled documents in your In Tray, you can share your In Tray with one or more users. This can use useful, for example, if you are going to be away and you need someone else to check and file or delete documents in your In Tray for you. Refer to Sharing your In Tray.
If you have shared your In Tray, you can use the Filter by Owner button in the In Tray to select which documents to display.