You can use the Bulk Update to file multiple documents/emails/tasks/jobs at the same time.
- For documents and emails, you can use Bulk Update to change the Client, the filing fields (Cabinet and categories and if relevant Keywords and Tags), Owner, and the Workflow Status for the selected documents. In document lists, you can easily display the documents and emails for which you are the Owner by clicking the Mine button.
- If relevant for the selected Client and Cabinet you can also select a Job. If any of the fields are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected documents.
- For tasks, you can use Bulk Update to update the Due Date and/or the Status for the selected tasks.
- For jobs, you can use Bulk Update to update the State for the selected jobs.
If any of the fields are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected documents/emails/tasks/jobs. A message displays in the drawer as a reminder of this.
For a video walkthrough that includes this feature, refer to Document Action Bar and Starred Documents (6 min).
Using Bulk Update
- Select the documents/emails/tasks/jobs you want to update. At least one document/email/task/job must be selected in a list before the Bulk Update button is enabled.
Click the checkboxes on the left-hand column of the list to select the documents/emails/tasks/jobs required. To select all that are currently displayed on that page, click the checkbox in the column heading. This is useful if, for example, you have set filters to first display only the documents that are relevant. Refer also to Selecting Documents in a List.
Note: If you have set filters in the list, you can use the Apply to option (see below) to bulk update all the emails/documents that are currently filtered, without having to select them with the checkboxes.
- Click Bulk Update in the tool bar. Or right-click and select Bulk Update from the tool bar pop-up menu (refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar).
The Bulk Update Drawer displays.
- Make the selections for the fields you want to apply to all the selected documents (refer to Using the Email Drawer).
For example, when you select the Cabinet the relevant fields display, such as categories, that you can change. If relevant for the selected Cabinet and if needed, you can add new Tags and/or Keywords with Bulk Update. Refer to Using Tags and Using Keywords.
- You can set the Filing status as "Draft" or "Filed". Selecting "Filed" can be used to file the document(s) at the same time as updating any filing details.
- Apply to gives you the option of the number of selected documents, or the number of filtered documents (with a maximum of 10,000).
- Click Run.
Using Bulk Update in your In Tray is also useful if you want to change the Owner or Workflow Status of an email or document without filing it. Changing the Owner of an email or document, without filing it, will add it to the In Tray of the new owner and it will also still be included in the In Tray of the original owner.
Using Functions on Multiple Emails/Documents
As well as using the Bulk Update to change filing fields, you can select emails/documents and then use the functions in the tool bar, for example to Delete or Export. Or right-click and select the function from the tool bar pop-up menu (refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar).
- Select the emails/document you want to update.
Click the checkboxes on the left-hand column of the list to select the emails/documents required.
If relevant for the list, first click Select to display the checkboxes in the left-hand column.
- Click the button in the tool bar/tool bar pop-up menu for the function you want to perform on the documents that are selected in the list (for example, Delete, Export).