You can use the Bulk Update to file multiple documents/emails/tasks/jobs at the same time. Refer also to Refiling Existing Documents.
- For documents and emails, you can use Bulk Update to change the Client, the filing fields (Cabinet and categories), Owner, and the Workflow Status for the selected documents. In document lists, you can easily display the documents and emails for which you are the Owner by clicking the Mine button.
- If relevant for the selected Client and Cabinet you can also select a Job. If any of the fields are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected documents.
- Note that for tasks, you can use Bulk Update to update the Due Date and/or the Status for the selected tasks.
For jobs, you can use Bulk Update to update the State for the selected jobs.
If any of the fields are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected documents.
Using Bulk Update
- Select the documents you want to update.
Click the checkboxes on the left-hand column of the list to select the documents/emails required.
To select all the documents currently displayed on that page, click the checkbox in the column heading. This is useful if, for example, you have set filters to first display only the documents that are relevant.
Refer also to Selecting Documents in a List.
- Click Bulk Update.
- The Bulk Update Drawer displays with the fields that you can change.
The Selected Documents lists the documents/emails/tasks/jobs that are selected in the list.
You can scroll up and down in the list of selected documents to see them.
- In the Selected Documents, to unselect any of the selections, click the X next to it in the Drawer.
- Make the selections for the fields you want to apply to all the selected documents (refer to Using the Email Drawer).
- You can set the Filing status as "Draft" or "Filed". Selecting "Filed" can be used to file the document(s) at the same time as updating any filing details. Selecting "Draft" will add or leave the document(s) in the In Tray of the relevant Owner of the documents.
- Click Save.
Using Functions on Multiple Emails/Documents
As well as using the Bulk Update to change filing fields, you can select emails/documents and then use the functions in the tool bar, for example to Delete or Export. Or right-click and select the function from the tool bar pop-up menu (refer to Tool Bar and Right-Click Functions).
- Select the emails/document you want to update.
Click the checkboxes on the left-hand column of the list to select the emails/documents required.
If relevant for the list, first click Select to display the checkboxes in the left-hand column.
- Click the button in the tool bar/tool bar pop-up menu for the function you want to perform on the documents that are selected in the list (for example, Delete, Export).