Lists display the information in columns. You use the settings in the column heading to sort and filter.
- Click the down arrow in the column heading (to the right of the column name) to sort that column in ascending order. Or click the up arrow in the column heading to sort the column in descending order.
The sort order that has been applied displays in bold.
To restore the original sort order, click again on the arrow that displays in bold.
Any column that can be filtered displays a Filter dot in the column heading (to the left of the column name). In the following example, a filter can be applied to Type, Client or Year. When the Filter dot is grey, no filters have been applied to that column.
To display and change filters:
- Click the heading name.
The Add/Remove pop-up displays.
- To add a filter, click the - (minus).
Any filters that have been applied display with a green tick. The following example shows the filter for the Document Type where Email has been selected.
- To remove a filter, click the green tick icon.
To clear all the filters, click the clear link at the bottom.
- Click OK to apply the filters.
- On the list, when the Filter dot is green, filter(s) have been applied to that column.
You can configure the number of documents/tasks that display in a list. This can be selected as 25, 50 or 100 in the per page drop-down. The more documents/tasks included in a page, the more time it takes load the information.
You can save the changed layout using Save View. Refer to Custom Views - Saving Changes to the View Layout.