You can use the Bulk Update to make changes to multiple documents/emails/tasks/jobs at the same time. Refer also to Refiling Existing Documents.
For documents and emails, you can use Bulk Update to change the Client, the filing fields (Cabinet and categories and if relevant Keywords and Tags), Owner, and the Workflow Status for the selected documents. If relevant for the selected Client and Cabinet you can also select a Job. If any of the fields are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected documents.
For tasks, you can use Bulk Update to update the Due Date and/or the Status for the selected tasks.
For jobs, you can use Bulk Update to update the Due Date and/or the State for the selected jobs.
If any of the fields are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected documents.
For a video walkthrough that includes this feature, refer to Document Action Bar and Starred Documents (6 min).
Using Bulk Update
- Select the documents you want to update by clicking the checkboxes on the left-hand column of the list to select the documents/emails required.
To select all the documents currently displayed on that page, click the checkbox in the column heading. This is useful if, for example, you have set filters to first display only the documents that are relevant.
Refer also to Selecting Documents in a List.
- Click Bulk Update in the tool bar. Or right-click and select Bulk Update from the tool bar pop-up menu (refer to Tool Bar and Right-Click Functions).
The Bulk Update Drawer displays.
- When you select the Cabinet, the relevant fields display that you can change.
- The Selected Documents lists the documents/emails/tasks/jobs that are selected in the list.
You can scroll up and down in the list of selected documents to see them.
In the Selected Documents, to unselect any of the selections, click the X next to it in the Drawer.|
- Make the selections for the fields you want to apply to all the selected documents (refer to Using the Document Drawer).
- You can set the Filing status as "Draft" or "Filed". Selecting "Filed" can be used to file the document(s) at the same time as updating any filing details.
- Click Save.
Using Functions on Multiple Documents
As well as using the Bulk Update to change filing fields, you can select documents and then use the functions in the tool bar, for example to Share the selected documents, or Delete or Export. Or right-click and select the function from the tool bar pop-up menu (refer to Tool Bar and Right-Click Functions).
- Select the documents you want to update.
Click the checkboxes on the left-hand column of the list to select the documents/emails required.
If relevant for the list, first click Select to display the checkboxes in the left-hand column.
- Click the button in the tool bar for the function you want to perform on the documents that are selected in the list (for example, Share, Delete, Export).
For example, for Share, the Create Email displays in the Drawer. This also lists the documents that are selected in the list.