You can use the Bulk Update to make changes to multiple documents/emails/tasks/jobs at the same time.
For documents and emails, you can use Bulk Update to change the Client, the filing fields (Cabinet and categories), Owner, and the Workflow Status for the selected documents. If relevant for the selected Client and Cabinet you can also select a Job. If any of the fields are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected documents.
For tasks, you can use Bulk Update to update the Due Date and/or the Status for the selected tasks.
For jobs, you can use Bulk Update to update the Due Date and/or the State for the selected jobs.
If any of the fields are not changed, this will keep the original setting in each of the selected documents.
- Depending on the list, either:
Click the Select button and checkmark the documents/emails you want to change, then click Bulk Update.
Select one of the documents you want to update, click Bulk Update to display checkboxes on the left-hand side, then checkmark the documents/emails you wish to update.
- The Bulk Update Drawer displays with the fields that you can change.
This also lists the documents/emails/tasks/jobs that are selected in the list. To unselect any of the selections, click the X next to it in the Drawer.
- Make the selections for the fields you want to apply to all the selected documents.
- Click Save.
As well as using the Bulk Update to change filing fields, you can select documents and then use the functions in the tool bar, for example to Send the selected documents, or Delete or Export.
- Select the one of the documents you want to update and click Bulk Update
- Checkboxes display on the left-hand side for you to select the rest of documents you wish to update.
- Click the button in the tool bar for the function you want to perform on the documents that are selected in the list (for example, Send Delete, Export).
For example, for Send, the Send by Email options display in the Drawer. This also lists the documents that are selected in the list.