New emails and client meetings are intelligently auto-filed by FYI based on a combination of the conversation thread, template defaults and auto-file defaults and settings. Filing defaults can be set at the practice level, for clients and/or for individual users.
This article contains the following sections:
- Email AutoFile Settings, Exclusions and Practice Filing Defaults
- Calendar Entry AutoFile Settings
- Setting Filing Defaults for a Client
- Setting Filing Defaults for Your Own Login
Email AutoFile Settings, Exclusions and Practice Filing Defaults
Your Email AutoFile Settings control how the automatic filing of email from Outlook is managed. Exclusions allow your practice to block emails that are sent from specific email addresses or domains from being filed automatically.
These are also used to set Filing Defaults at the practice level. When auto-filing emails, and when creating a new email or document in FYI, if Filing Defaults are not available for either the relevant Client or User, the Practice Filing Defaults for Cabinet and Category will be applied as the defaults for the filing.
These settings and exclusions can be managed from Automation - Apps by an FYI Admin, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations.
Calendar Entry AutoFile Settings
The Calendar Entry AutoFile automatically imports and files all client meetings from your users' Outlook calendars. They are created as Meetings in FYI so your practice can automatically store a record of all client meetings.
Refer to Calendar Entry AutoFile.
Setting Filing Defaults for a Client
FYI allows you to set filing defaults for each client. This can be used to set default cabinet and categories, a default job and how attachments are sent to a client.
The defaults can be set in the following ways:
- By setting the defaults for the client in the Client - Settings tab. Where a client is part of a group, you can nominate which client to Include in AutoFile. Refer to Setting Filing Defaults for a Client.
- By setting or changing them in Outlook. With an open email in Outlook within the FYI Drawer, select the Cabinet and Categories. Then set these as the Filing Defaults for the client by clicking the Save as Client Default link at the bottom of the FYI Drawer. Refer to Setting Filing Defaults for a Client from Outlook.
Setting Filing Defaults for Your Own Login
Each user can set defaults for their own login via their Profile settings. This is where individual defaults can be set for notifications, attachments, and how you prefer to open Office products (via the Desktop or Online).
Users can also set their own Filing defaults to override the practice-wide default setting for how emails are auto-filed. This may be useful, for example, for partners and senior managers who prefer to review emails in their In Tray before making them available practice-wide.
Users can also set the Filing Defaults for Cabinet and Category that will be used if filing defaults are not set up at a client level.