When creating an email in Outlook, you can access FYI to:
- Add a Client email address from FYI
- Use an FYI email template
- Pre-file the email into FYI before sending
This can all be done directly from your Outlook Inbox.
- Open a new email in Outlook, then click the FYI icon on the Ribbon.
- In the FYI Drawer, check the filing defaults that are given.
Client - type at least three characters of the client name to display all clients containing those characters anywhere in the Client Name. Click to select the required client. The email address will be added to your email when you click on Create.
Change Addressee - if the email is being sent to an addressee other than the Client that it is being filed under, click the Change Addressee link and select the required addressee.
Template - if required, select from one of the templates. The template text, including merged fields, will be added to your email when Create is clicked.
Categories - such as Work Type and Year. If Jobs are enabled for the selected Cabinet, you can also select a Xero Practice Manager Job for the Client.
Name - this identifies the email internally and is the name that displays in the lists in FYI. If a default name is provided, for example, from the email subject or the selected template, you can change this.
- Finish editing the email and Send using Outlook.
- The final email will be saved in FYI.
To have the FYI Drawer appear each time you open a new email, click the 'Pin' icon in the top right-hand side of the drawer.
Refer also to Adding a Task to a Filed Email in Outlook