When creating an email in Outlook, you can access FYI to:
- Add a Client email address from FYI
- Use an FYI email template
- Pre-file the email into FYI before sending
This can all be done directly from your Outlook Inbox.
- Open a new email in Outlook, then click the FYI icon on the Outlook menu ribbon.
- In the FYI Drawer, enter the filing details and check any defaults that are given.
Refer also to Using the FYI Drawer in Outlook.
Client - type at least three characters of the client name to display all clients containing those characters anywhere in the Client Name. Click to select the required client. The email address will be added to your email when you click on Create.
Categories - such as Work Type and Year. If Jobs are enabled for the selected Cabinet, you can also select a Xero Practice Manager Job for the Client.
Tags and Keywords - If the selected Cabinet has been enabled for Tags and/or Keywords you will see these as additional Categories. You can create or select one or more Tags as additional categorisation. You can enter one or more Keywords that can be used when searching for the document. Refer to Tags and Keywords.
Name - this identifies the email internally and is the name that displays in the lists in FYI. If a default name is provided, for example, from the email subject or the selected template, you can change this.
- Template - to select a template, expand the Templates section in the FYI Drawer, select the Client and select from one of the templates.
Click Insert Template.
The template text, including any merged fields as relevant for the selected Client, will be added to your email.
- Make any changes to the email.
- It is very important to ensure you save the email in Outlook (Ctrl +S).
- Click Create in the FYI Drawer to save the filing details.
The email is saved to FYI. From Outlook, you can add Tasks or Comments if required. Refer to Adding Comments and Notifying Team Members, Adding a Task to a Filed Email in Outlook and Marking and Displaying Starred Documents.
- Click Send to send using Outlook.
- The email is sent and will be saved in FYI.
Note it should take no more than 3 minutes to sync back to FYI.
To have the FYI Drawer appear each time you open a new email, click the 'Pin' icon in the top right-hand side of the drawer.