You can Export documents so you can view them outside of FYI for use offline.
For example, you may wish to share a number of documents with a client. They can be copied to the client's One Drive or copied to a USB stick. You select the documents you wish to share and use the Export function. This will create a local copy of each document in Windows Explorer, which can then be copied.
You can also Export emails. This may be useful if you cannot access its attachment(s) for some reason. After exporting the email, you can then open the email and see the attachment(s) it holds.
For a video walkthrough that includes this feature, refer to Document Action Bar and Starred Documents (6 min).
- In FYI, select the document(s) you want to export in one of the lists.
For information on how to select multiple documents, refer to Selecting Documents in a List.
- Click the Export button in the tool bar. Or, for a single document, right-click and select Open from the tool bar pop-up menu (refer to Tool Bar and Right-Click Functions).
- A message displays in the Drawer that the document(s) are downloading.
- The export file is added to your Download folder locally and a link to downloaded file(s) is shown in the bar at the bottom of browser screen.
Note: The Export function is only available for relevant types of documents and for emails. It is not relevant for FYI internal client interactions such as Phone Calls, File Notes and Meetings.
Refer also to Bulk Export.
Export with Reference
You can also select the Export with reference option from the Export button. This will append the FYI Reference Number to the exported file name. Refer to Unique Document Reference Number.
For example, if you are exporting a Word document "Engagement Letter" that has an FYI reference number TS-024169.
- Export will export to a filename "Engagement_Letter.docx".
- Export with reference will export to a filename "Engagement_Letter (FYI-TS-024169.docx
Exporting a List
In the Clients, Documents, Jobs or Tasks lists, you can Export the information that is currently displayed as a .CSV file (Comma Delimited) which you can then open in Excel. Refer to Exporting Lists.