For all Office documents, a new version is created within the FYI drawer when a user begins editing the document. This gives visibility to all versions and allows you to restore earlier versions of the document within FYI.
Also, if you are making major changes to a document saved to FYI, you may want to create a new version. This will allow other users to go back to the original when required. This function is available for Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- In FYI, in one of the lists, click to select the Word, PowerPoint or Excel document.
- In the Drawer, expand the Versions section.
- Click the button with the ellipsis (...) next to the relevant version. A pop-up menu displays with the options.
If you have selected the current (or only) version this displays Read or Save as new version.
If you have selected a previous version of the document, you can select Set as Current, Read or Delete (to delete the selected version).
- Select the action you want to make.
When deleting a version, you are prompted to confirm the delete.
Each version will be listed and accessible by other users.
There is no limit on the number of versions that can be held in a document in FYI.
Note: If a prior version is deleted, this is not recoverable from the view of deleted documents. We recommend viewing the Version History of the affected document to retrieve the version in question. If this doesn't not resolve the issue, you may be able to retrieve this from your Microsoft OneDrive:
- If you have edited the document in FYI using OneDrive, check your "FYI - Processed" folder for the document, and if not there check your computer's Recycle Bin.
- If you have edited the document in FYI using FYI's Desktop App, check your OneDrive Recycle Bin by right-clicking the OneDrive blue cloud icon on your computer's taskbar and selecting the "Recycle bin" option. Note: if the Document Path of your FYI Desktop App is outside of OneDrive, the document will not be retrievable and is permanently lost.
If additional assistance is required for the retrieval of your document, please contact email@example.com.