As FYI is built by accountants and for accountants, it comes pre-loaded with 'best practice’ configurations to get you started.
- Default Settings for filing Cabinets and Categories
- Sample Templates and Stationery
- Pre-activated process automations
- Admin rights enabled for first trial user
Default Filing Cabinets
Cabinets are the way documents are stored within the practice. They reflect the broad divisions of operations across the practice and can be customised to reflect the needs of each firm.
FYI comes shipped with best practice default cabinets. Refer to Managing Cabinets.
Cabinets also control the security that determines which User Groups can access which documents. It is important that Cabinets are set up correctly for your practice before you set up your User Groups.
- Defaults for Cabinets can be set up for each client. When filing a document for a selected client, these defaults are offered and can be changed as needed.
- Defaults for Cabinets can also be held for each user. These will be offered if there is no default held for a selected client.
Default Filing Categories
Categories are the way in which documents in FYI are tagged with meta-data to create a filing structure. Categories can be used as filters on lists when displaying the information in FYI.
When FYI is implemented, default Categories. Refer to Managing Categories.
Work Types can be set up to suit the requirements of your practice – for example, Work Type, Tax, Audit, Administration and more.
- Defaults for Categories can be set up for each client. When filing a document for a selected client, these defaults are offered and can be changed as needed.
- Defaults for Categories can also be held for each user. These will be offered if there is no default held for a selected client.
Sample Templates and Stationery
FYI comes pre-shipped with a selection of sample templates. These can be configured by an FYI Administrator to reflect your own practice requirements.
Templates can be set up for different types of document types, such as standard emails in Outlook, standard letters in Word, or standard images and text in Excel or PowerPoint. This improves quality control and productivity thanks to standardised content.
Pre-activated Process Automations
The following process automations are instantly activated for you in FYI;
- Xero Practice Manager– your clients, client groups, jobs and team data are instantly imported from Xero Practice Manager and will be continuously synchronised.
- Email AutoFile– any client emails sent and received in the last 24 hours are instantly imported from Outlook and auto-filed in FYI.
- Calendar Entry AutoFile- any calendar entries made in the last 24 hours are instantly imported from Outlook and auto-filed in FYI.
- Tax Return Auto-File- any tax returns created in Xero Tax will be imported into FYI on a daily basis.
Refer to Getting Started with Automations
FYI imports all your employees from Xero Practice Manager and automatically makes you the FYI Administrator.
To designate additional FYI Administrators, go to Practice Settings > Admin > Users, and assign your nominated Users to the Group "Admin".