The Tax Assessment (Agreed) AutoFile process automatically files batches of tax assessments (received electronically via Xero Tax) and sends the client a copy by email with instructions.
The Tax Assessments (Agreed) AutoFile checks that the tax assessment agrees with the original assessment. There is also another process, Tax Assessment (Variance) AutoFile which runs different steps for when the tax assessment agrees does NOT with the original assessment (refer to Tax Assessment (Variance) AutoFile).
For the Tax Assessments (Agreed) AutoFile the following actions are taken:
- FYI will call out Xero Tax on a scheduled daily basis to retrieve all newly issued assessments since the process was last run.
- The tax assessments are compared with the original assessment from Xero Tax to check they agree.
- For tax assessment that agree with the original assessment, the tax assessment is filed as a document with the relevant Cabinet and Categories.
- An email is created for the respective client. The email is pre-filed and includes the relevant template wording, the year, etc. and a copy of the assessment is attached.
- A task is created for the email which is assigned to the relative client's manager asking them to check and send the email manually.
Editing the Tax Assessment (Agreed) AutoFile
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- In Tax Assessments (Agreed) AutoFile, click the cog icon to edit this process.
The Trigger for the Tax Assessments (Agreed) Autofile is "Scheduled Daily".
The Filter for this process is "Assessment agrees with estimate".
The first step in the Tax Assessments (Agreed) AutoFile is to import from the Application Xero Tax and Action set to check the tax assessment agrees with the original assessment, and to file the assessment.
The options for Filing are set up with Merge Fields to include the tax from and to year in the file name and to file the document in the relevant Year category.
The second step for the Tax Assessments (Agreed) AutoFile creates an email.
The Action creates the email.
It is created using the selected Template which, depending on the requirements of your practice, can include merge fields to create the email text
The document from Step 1 is attached and sent to the client's OneDrive.
It is set to Send Immediate and sends the email immediately. If this is changed to "No", the email is saved as "Draft".
The Filing settings determine how the email is filed.
Name - the Name includes the merge field for Tax Year (Notice of assessment - «TaxYear»).
AutoFile - AutoFile is disabled so the document will be filed using the settings in the process step.
Cabinet and Categories - are set as relevant for the type of document being processed.
For Year, this includes the merge field "TaxYear" so the email will be automatically filed in the relevant tax year for the Year category.
Filing - defaults to "Filed" so the email will be automatically filed.
Task is used to create a task for the email.
Subject - holds the instructions to "Review NOA email and send"
Assignee - is set as the "Manager" to assign the task to the relative client's manager.
Due Date - is set as 1 day.
Status - this defaults to "Not started".
Details - is left blank. The assignee can easily display the email to see what the task relates to.