The Tax Assessment (Variance) AutoFile process automatically checks batches of tax assessments (received electronically via Xero Tax) for where there is a variance in the tax assessment from the original assessment.
This process is similar to the Tax Assessments (Agreed) AutoFile process (refer to Tax Assessments (Agreed) AutoFile) and imports the tax assessment as a document. But this process uses a different function for the action to check for tax assessments to filter only those that vary with the original estimate. Instead of creating the email ready to send to the client, this process creates a task automatically assigned to the client's manager to investigate and correct.
For the Tax Assessments (Variance) AutoFile the following actions are taken:
- FYI will call out Xero Tax on a scheduled daily basis to retrieve all newly issued assessments since the process was last run.
- The tax assessments are compared with the original assessment from Xero Tax to see if there is a variance.
- Where there is a variance, the tax assessment is filed as a document with the relevant Cabinet and Categories.
- A task is created for the document and assigned to the client's manager so they can investigate and check, when ready, the tax assessment can be sent manually.
Editing the Tax Assessment (Variance) AutoFile
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- In Tax Assessments (Variance) AutoFile, click the cog icon to edit this process.
The Tax Assessments (Variance) AutoFile process displays
Trigger - for the Tax Assessments (Variance) AutoFile, this is "Scheduled Daily".
Filter - for this process, this is "Assessment varies from estimate" (Notice_of_assessment is "false")
The following is an example of the task that is set up for this process.