The Tax Assessments AutoFile (Variance) process automatically checks batches of tax assessments (received electronically via Xero Tax) for where there is a variance in the tax assessment from the original assessment.
This process is similar to the Tax Assessments AutoFile (Agreed) processes (refer to Tax Assessments AutoFile (Agreed & Not Postal/Agreed & Postal)) and imports the tax assessment as a document. But this process uses a different function for the action to check for tax assessments to filter only those that vary with the original estimate. Instead of creating the email ready to send to the client, this process creates a task automatically assigned to the client's manager to investigate and correct.
Note There is an acceptable variance of 50 cents. If the assessed amount is greater than 50 cent plus or minus of the estimate amount, it is taken as a variance,
For the Tax Assessments AutoFile (Variance) the following actions are taken:
- FYI will call out Xero Tax on a scheduled daily basis to retrieve all newly issued assessments since the process was last run.
- The tax assessments are compared with the original assessment from Xero Tax to see if there is a variance.
- Where there is a variance, the tax assessment is filed as a document with the relevant Cabinet and Categories.
- A task is created for the document and assigned to the client's manager so they can investigate and check, when ready, the tax assessment can be sent manually.
Editing the Tax Assessments AutoFile (Variance)
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- In Tax Assessments AutoFile (Variance), click the cog icon to edit this process.
The Tax Assessments AutoFile (Variance) process displays.
Trigger - for the Tax Assessments AutoFile (Variance) this is "Scheduled Daily".
Filter - for this process, this is "Notice of assessment varies from estimate"
To make the process active, change the Status to "Active".
The Owner is set by default as the user who made the process active and this can be changed if required. If the process fails, an email will be sent to this user as notification. You can set this as "Me" to set yourself as the owner.
Start From allows you to enter the date from which you want to start retrieving the documents and statements.
Step 1- Create Word Document and Task
The step in the Tax Assessments AutoFile (Variance) imports from the Application Xero Tax when the assessment varies.
The options for Filing are set up with Merge Fields to include the tax from and to year in the file name. The Workflow is set with the Owner as the respective client's Manager and the Status as "Completed".
This step creates a Task for the client's Manager to check the assessment.