The Apps tab in Automation is used to configure the Outlook Apps, Xero Practice Manager App and FYI Apps which process the Email Autofile, Xero Practice Manager (which includes the manual Sync from Xero Practice Manager), Collaborate, Calender Entry Autofile and Nightly Backup.
It is also used to configure and connect to the applications integrated with the FYI processes, such as Xero Practice Ledger, OneDrive, BGL, NowInfinity, document signature Apps such as DocuSign, Adobe Sign. For example, with the OneDrive application, you select which OneDrive to use as your default for FYI, and with the Xero Practice Manager, you use this to connect with your XPM credentials.
- If the User Group you belong to has been given access to Administer Automations, you will be able to add, change and delete Automation Processes and Apps and you will see the Process History tab. Refer to Managing User Groups.
- If you do not have access to Administer Automations, you will only see the Processes and Apps tabs and the Edit tool displays as unavailable.
Note: Certain Apps (such as BGL, NowInfinity, DocuSign, Adobe Sign, Annature, FuseSign, Zapier) are only available for practices on the "Pro" plan.
Configuring and connecting to each application is a one-time only action that needs to be done as part of the setup of the processes.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- For the relevant App, click the cog icon to edit it.
- Complete the information as relevant for the application.
For example, if prompted to enter a User Name and Password that you use to connect to the App and then you click Connect.
Refer also to:
Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions
Synchronising Clients, Staff, Jobs, Time, Tax Returns with Xero Practice Manager
Link your Practice's OneDrive Admin Account
Configuring your Collaborate Settings and Structure
Calendar Entry AutoFile
Integration with DocuSign
Integration with Adobe Sign
Integration with Annature
Integration with FuseSign
Integration with Zapier
Connecting your BGL account to FYI
Connecting your NowInfinity account to FYI.
- For Xero Tax, you use the Apps tab in Automation to enable the integration for your practice. Refer to Enabling Xero Tax Integration (Australia Only).
- For Xero, you also connect each client using the Clients - Apps tab, refer to Linking an FYI Client to a Xero Ledger in Client Ledger Reports AutoFile.