The History tabs in Automation displays the automation history. It is used as an audit, and to monitor the processes that have been run. It is also used to check if there were any errors.
History is available from the following:
- For all Processes, from the History tab on the Automations dashboard, or by selecting Process History from the Automations Quick Access.
- For a specific Process, from Automations when the Process is being edited, from the History tab.
- For a specific Client, from the Client - Process History tab (refer to Client Processes and Process History).
The History tabs can only be seen by an FYI administrator, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations.
This article contains the following sections:
- Automation History Tab
- Process that is in Progress and not Completing
- Stopping a Process that is in Progress
- Process with a Status of "Error"
Automation History Tab
History for all Process
From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
Display the History tab.
History for a Specific Process
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- For the relevant Process, click the cog icon to edit the process.
- Go to the History tab.
Using the History
Any errors will show the Status as "Error", in red.
- In the History, click the Process Name to open the Process. From the opened Process you can also click the View history link to display the History tab filtered to show the history of the specific process.
- Click the Status next to an entry in the History tab to open the Process Activity drawer for the process. This shows the details of the process. This also shows the details of any errors. It includes the date and time that a step completed which is useful to check if you have a Delay step in a process.
- In the Process Activity drawer, if the process has created for example a document or task, you can click the link to open what was created by the automation.
- When an entry is selected in the History, the Run again and Activity Link button are enabled. Where a Process has been stopped the Retry button is enabled,
Retry will run the stopped process from where it was stopped.
Run again will re-run the whole process from the beginning. Where the process was run, for example for a specific client, this will rerun it for that client.
Activity Link can be used to copy a link to the History entry, for example, to send for support purposes.
Process that is in Progress and not Completing
For a Process that is in Progress, and that is not completing, you can click the item in the History to see details of why it is in progress.
- This would commonly be used where there is a Task in the process with Blocking as "On" and the Task needs to be set as "Completed" before the process can finish. This could be, for example, where there is a Task created in the process to ensure that an email, word or any other document created in the previous step(s) has been checked. When the Task is set as "Completed", the process may then continue and send the checked email or send an email with a checked document attached. When looking at the process in the Process History Drawer, you can open Tasks and mark a Task as "Completed".
You can also mark Tasks as "Complete directly from the Checklist. Refer to Client Process History Checklist.
- You can also use the checklist to see if, for example, there is a Delay step that has been added to the Process that to set a delay in a process of a number of hours days or weeks (refer to Delay in Process Step Details and Examples).
Stopping a Process that is in Progress
From the Automation History tab, if needed, you can stop a process that is in Progress. This can also be used, for example, if the Process is in Progress due to a blocking Task or a Delay and needs to be stopped, or if you have made a mistake with what the filter has included or in a Template used in the Process.
If the Process is running for multiple Clients, Documents, Jobs or Tasks these are displayed individually so there may be more than one Process that you need to Stop.
- In Automation - Processes, display the History tab.
- Select the process in the History tab.
- Click Stop.
- The Status of the process displays as "Stopped".
When a process is "Stopped", you can still display the information for any of the steps and use the links to see any documents or Tasks that were created in the same way as above.
Process with a Status of "Error"
When an entry with a Status of "Error" is selected in the History tab, the Retry and Activity Link button are enabled. If the process has more than one step, it also displays the Run again button. Activity Link and Run again can be used as above.
- Retry will re-run the failed step(s) and any steps that previously succeeded are not executed a second time.