The Process History tab in Automation displays all the automation activities. It is used as an audit, and to monitor the processes that have been run. It is also used to check if there were any errors.
The Process History tab can only be seen by an FYI administrator, or a user in a User Group that has Permissions enabled for Automations.
From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
Display the Process History tab.
Any errors will show the Status as "Error", in red.
- In the Process History list, click the Process Name to open the Process. From the opened Process you can also click the View history link to display the Process History tab filtered to show the history of the specific process.
- Click the Status next to an entry in the Process History to open the Process History drawer for the process. This shows the details of the process. This also shows the details of any errors. It includes the date and time that a step completed which is useful to check if you have a Delay step in a process.
- In the Process Activity drawer, if the process has created for example a document or task, you can click the link to open what was created by the automation.
- When an entry with a Status of "Success" is selected in the Process History, the Run again and Activity Link button are enabled.
- Activity Link can be used to copy a link to the Process History entry, for example, to send for support purposes.
- Run again will re-run the whole process from the beginning. Where the process was run, for example for a specific client, this will rerun it for that client.
Process that is in Progress and not Completing
For a Process that is in Progress, and that is not completing, you can click the item in the Process History to see details of why it is in progress.
- This would commonly be used where there is a Task in the process with Blocking as "On" and the Task needs to be set as "Completed" before the process can finish. This could be, for example, where there is a Task created in the process to ensure that an email, word or any other document created in the previous step(s) has been checked. When the Task is set as "Completed", the process may then continue and send the checked email or send an email with a checked document attached. When looking at the process in the Checklist, you can open emails or documents that have been created, and mark a Task as "Completed" directly from the Checklist.
- You can also use the checklist to see if, for example, there is a Delay step that has been added to the Process that to set a delay in a process of a number of hours days or weeks (refer to Delay in Process Step Details and Examples).
Stopping a Process that is in Progress
If needed, you can stop a process that is in Progress.
- Select the process in the Process History
- Click Stop.
- The Status of the process displays as "Stopped".
When a process is "Stopped", you can still display the information for any of the steps and use the links to see any documents or Tasks that were created in the same way as above.
Process with a Status of "Error"
When an entry with a Status of "Error" is selected in the Process History, the Retry and Activity Link button are enabled. If the process has more than one step, it also displays the Run again button. Activity Link and Run again can be used as above.
- Retry will re-run the failed step(s) and any steps that previously succeeded are not executed a second time