You can display a Preview of a sent or received email. This gives a quick snapshot of any email.
You preview an email document using the Preview tab in the Drawer.
When the Preview pane is displayed for an email, if you can click on a different email in the list this leaves the drawer with the Preview pane still open. This displays both the filing details and the contents in the Preview of the newly selected email. This is a useful way to look through the contents of emails.
- You can also use the Read function to open one or more emails and/or documents as read-only in separate tabs in your browser. Refer to Previewing Documents as Read Only.
- For a Draft email, you can check how it will look when sent using the Preview tool in the Email Editor. Refer to Previewing the Draft in FYI Email in Creating an Email in FYI.
This article contains the following sections:
- Preview tab in the Drawer
- If you are prompted to Sign in
- Using Full Screen in the Preview
- Tools in the Preview tab
Preview tab in the Drawer
- In any list in FYI, click on an email to highlight and select it.
- In the Drawer, click the Preview tab.
A preview of the email displays next to the Drawer. The following example is when you are previewing via OneDrive.
- To close the preview, click the Hide tab, or the X in the top of the preview.
If you are prompted to Sign in
When you click Preview, if you are prompted in the Preview pane to sign in, click the Sign in button. This message is displayed if the OneDrive session has expired. When you click Sign in, the email will open.
Note: Once you have logged in, the OneDrive session will expire after a period of time and you will be prompted to sign in again. This is a function of Microsoft 365.
Note: The Preview pane is a OneDrive function and is controlled by Microsoft, not by FYI. If you are having an issue with the Preview pane, please refer to the section FAQs - Preview and Full Screen View.
Using Full Screen in the Preview
To display the preview as a full screen, click the Full screen tool at the top of the Preview pane.
The email displays as a full screen preview. The following example shows the full screen preview when this is set to preview via OneDrive.
To close the Full Screen preview, click the X in the top right-hand corner or click the Exit Full Screen tool.
Tools in the Preview tab
You can also use the tools at the top of the Preview. These are the same as the buttons that display in the tool bar on the list for the selected email. Refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar.