An FYI administrator can set up new views, change existing views or delete views.
Changes made to the layout of a view, such as columns that have been added, sequence of the columns, filters and search criteria, can be saved using the Save View. This saves the layout for the columns and makes it available to all users in your practice.
When saving, you can create this as a new view or modify an existing view.
Note: All the Save View functions, to save/modify a view or to delete a view, are only available to FYI administrators.
An FYI administrator can make changes to the standard system views that are installed with FYI (such as Documents - All, Tasks - Incomplete Tasks). A message displays that this is an FYI system view and changes will affect all users. Before changing a system view, consider if the changes apply to all users or if the view should be saved as a new view.
Creating a New View
Display the view you want to use as the basis of your view. This can be a view that has already been saved for your practice, or a system view such as Documents - All.
- Make any changes to the view such as including additional columns, changing the order or sort sequence of any columns. Refer to Adding/Removing/Moving Columns in a List and Sorting and Filtering. You can also enter or select any search criteria (such as a specific Cabinet).
Or, if you do not want any search criteria, selections for Cabinets etc saved as part of the saved view, ensure these are cleared.
- Click the View Tools button which is at the end of the column headings, on the right-hand side of a list.
Select Save view.
The Save document view popup displays. This shows the name of the currently displayed view (which is "All" in the example below).
- Enter the name of the new view by typing over the view name displayed.
- Mark the elements of the view you want to save (Save Column Order, Save Filter Selections, Save Cabinet, Save Advanced Search for any specific search criteria). This will save the view with the current settings to the layout such as column order and filters. It can also be used to save any search criteria that is currently set in the view.
- Click Save and Close.
The view is saved as the new name and is included in the drop-down list of view names at the top of the relevant list.
Note If changes are not reflected immediately on the list , refresh the list by clicking the Refresh button which is at the end of the column headings, on the right-hand side of a list, or clicking your browser Refresh icon (this icon may vary depending on the browser you are using).
Refer also to Sticky Views for information on how to set FYI so that, when a user selects a particular view in any list, that choice will be their default for the rest of the session (that is, until they log out). This means that when a view has been selected, when the user displays any other list and then redisplays that list, the same view will still be initially selected in the drop-down.
Modifying an Existing View
- Display the existing saved view.
- Make any changes as required to the layout, search criteria etc.
- Click the View Tools button and select Save View to open the Save document view pop-up.
This displays the name of the view you currently have displayed.
- Click Modify Existing.
- Mark or change the elements of the view you want to save.
Click Save and Close
Changing an FYI System View
If you try to make changes to one of the standard system views that are installed with FYI (such as Documents - All, Tasks - Incomplete Tasks) a message displays that this is an FYI system view and changes will affect all users. Before changing a system view, consider if the changes apply to all users or if it should be saved as a new view.
Deleting a Saved View
A saved view can only be deleted by an FYI administrator. You cannot delete any of the FYI system views.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice Settings and then select Documents.
- Go to the Views tab.
- Select a saved view in the list and click Remove.