FYI Administrators can bulk export the entire FYI document store including key meta-data to a designated OneDrive directory.
This would be used in the rare occasion that your practice chooses to leave FYI and it allows you to export documents in a well-structured fashion to then adopt a new system.
There are two steps
- Select the OneDrive Account to use.
- Set up the structure of the hierarchy for where the document files will be exported to.
- Run the Export.
Step 1 - Select the OneDrive Account to Use
You need to select the account for the OneDrive that will be used for the common activities across the practice.
Note: This account is used for all common OneDrive activities, and may already be set up if you have imported historical documents, or used the Collaborate function (refer to Collaborating with your Clients).
You can select the OneDrive account for one of your team members (for example, a specific practice manager or an administrator).
Another option, which is the recommended way, is that you set up an Office 365 account specially for this. It is recommended to set this up with good name to represent your practice. Also ensure it has OneDrive enabled.
You can then set up a user directly in FYI that relates to this Office 365 account (refer to Confirm Active Users, Allocate a Group to each User, Add User).
You need to link this OneDrive Account to FYI.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- For OneDrive, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the OneDrive Settings, select the OneDrive account that will be used.
Within the designated OneDrive, files are exported to a folder FYI - Bulk Export. This top level folder needs to be created manually. All subfolders within this (for example, for the client groups, client names, year, worktype etc) will be created dynamically using the meta-data in the documents, according to the structure you set up in the Bulk Export function.
Step 2 - Set up the Windows Hierarchy for the Exported files
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select Documents.
- Go to the Import/Export tab.
This displays a log of the import and export function that have been run or that are currently in progress.
- Click the Configure button.
The Import/Export/Portal setup displays.
- Go to the Export tab.
The Structure List shows the hierarchy to create the sub-folders for the export. This uses the meta-data in the FYI documents. The documents are exported in a hierarchy of sub-folder according to how the Structure List is setup.
You can remove any of meta-data groupings from the Structure List and add any to it from the Available list. You can also change the sequence of the meta-data in the Structure List.
- Click to select what you want to move.
- Drag and drop it either to the Structure List to include it, or drag it to the Available List to remove it from the Structure List.
Drag it up or down in the Structure List to change the sequence.
- Click Save.
Step 3 - Running the Export
On the Import/Export tab, click Run.
Note: Depending on the number of documents being exported, this will take a lot of disk space and will take a long time to process