FYI makes delegating tasks simple and effective. Seamless integration with Outlook and Office saves you time as you don’t have to leave the application you are working on to allocate a task.
- Tasks are used to set up a future action or for triggering a reminder. You can set tasks for yourself or delegate to another user.
- Tasks can be created for any type of document in FYI, including emails, or they can stand-alone. By referencing the document or email directly, this saves having to explain the context in the task itself.
- Tasks can also be created from within an Office product (for example, for an Outlook email, a Word document, an Excel spreadsheet or PowerPoint presentation). Using the FYI Drawer, the task can be created when selecting the filing fields for the email or document.
- You can have multiple tasks attached to a source document or email.
- You can also create Tasks that do not reference an FYI document. These tasks can be used, for example, as reminders.
When a task is created, a notification is automatically sent to the assigned user via the dashboard. It can also be sent as an email, depending on the users’ preference.
Refer to Email Notifications in Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login
The task is part of a workflow which will send notifications to the relevant users as the task is actioned and the status is changed. If an assignee rejects a task (by setting the status to "Rejected") this will send a notification to the delegator.
When a task is marked as Complete, an email is sent to notify the original delegator and the task list in FYI is updated.
For More Details on Tasks
For more details, refer to the following: