FYI user details are maintained via your integrated practice management software, and not in FYI.
For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager, Xero enforces a consistent name and email address across all products. Changing the email address must be performed within Xero and not Xero Practice Manager. The change must be made by the individual user and not an admin.
Before you begin:
- Changes must be performed by individual users and not an admin.
- If the user is currently inactive in Xero Practice Manager (i.e. the "Currently Working" option is unticked) an admin will need to activate the user, and after the changes have been made and synchronised, untick "Currently Working" again.
Important Note: This will only update the email address where it has been updated in Xero Practice Manager. If a new user has been created and the old user deleted in Xero Practice Manager, this will not update the user record in FYI.
Refer also to New and Changed Users from your Practice Management Software in Managing Users.
Step 1 - User Account to change their email address
The following instructions will need to be performed by the user account with the email address that needs to be updated.
Note: Admins will not be able to update the email address associated with a user.
- Log into Xero (not Xero Practice Manager).
- Click your initials in the top-right of the screen.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Update the details.
- For the changes to take effect, log out of Xero, and then log back in.
Step 2 - Synchronise the changes
To synchronise the change with FYI, an FYI Admin can manually sync the users, otherwise, the automatic sync from Xero Practice Manager and Xero Tax will run overnight.
Refer to Running a Manual Sync with Xero Practice Manager and Additional Notes on Syncing