In any list in FYI, click on an email to highlight and select it.
This article contains the following sections:
- Opening and Editing a Draft Email
- Opening an Editing a Draft in FYI Email
- Opening a Sent or Received Email
Opening and Editing a Draft Email
For an email that is still draft, it will depend if the email was created as Draft in FYI or Draft in Outlook how you open and edit it. For full details, refer to Sending Immediately or Saving a Draft.
- For an email that is Draft in FYI, you can open, edit and send it from FYI. It can also be reviewed, or sent by another user.
- If the email has been created as Draft in Outlook, you can preview or read it from FYI. To make any changes and send it, open the email from the FYI - Drafts folder in your Outlook. Or you can also re-Open it via Outlook Online.
Opening an Editing a Draft in FYI Email
When the email is Draft in FYI, you can edit it and make any changes before sending it.
- Select the email in a document list .
This opens the drawer for the email which displays as follows.
- Expand any sections in the drawer to make any changes.
- To change the contents, click the Editor button on the side of the drawer to display the Email Editor panel.
- You can use the Preview function from the Email Editor to see how all the Merge Fields will populate. Refer to Previewing the Draft in FYI Email in Creating an Email in FYI.
- Close the drawer to save the changes.
- To send the email, click Send.
To save the email as a draft in FYI, click Draft in FYI.
To save the draft in Outlook, click the button next to Draft in FYI and select Draft in Outlook.
Opening a Sent or Received Email
You cannot make any changes to an email that has been sent or received.
To open a sent or received email and read the contents, you can use the Preview pane in the drawer or the Read function. Refer to Previewing an Email and Previewing Documents as Read Only.
You can also Reply, Reply All or Forward a sent or received email. Refer to Replying to or Forwarding an Email.