Comments can be added to any document, email, task or job, by any team member. These can be used to add any notes.
Comments also allow team members to collaborate on specific documents, emails and tasks. The names of one or more users are easily included in a comment so that an automatic email notification is sent to these referenced users depending on the users’ preference (refer to Email Notifications in Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login).
The history of all comments is stored and displays when the comments are opened.
When a Comment has been added to a document, it displays the Comment icon on the lists.
Displaying and Adding Comments in FYI
- In FYI, click on the relevant document, email, task or job in one of the lists.
The Comment tab displays at the side of the FYI Drawer.
This shows the number of comments already on that document, or displays "0" if there are no comments yet.
- Click the Comment tab on the side of the Drawer.
The Comment panel displays.
To add a Comment:
- Type your message in the Your Comment area at the bottom on the Comment panel. You can enter up to 1024 characters.
If you enter a website address, this is automatically added as a hyperlink.
- To notify another user of the comment, type @ and a drop-down list of your users displays.
Type some of the letters of the user's name to display the full name of the person you want to send the comment to.
- When you select the person, the full name displays in square brackets as part of the text.
- You can add more than one name in the same way to reference and notify more than one team member.
- Click the Comment button to add the comment to the history and send email notifications to the referenced users.
- You can Edit or Delete a Comment if you have added it yourself.
If you have been mentioned in a comment, you will receive an email. You will also receive a notification in FYI in your Dashboard - Notifications.
Adding a Comment from Office or Outlook
From Office or Outlook, when a document has been filed in FYI, you can click Add Comment in the FYI Drawer.
Enter your comment as above and click Comment to save it.
When a document already has Comments, the number of Comments display in Office or Outlook at the bottom of the FYI Drawer. Comments can be read by opening the document in FYI.
Reading and Replying to Comments
- Select the document, email or task from any relevant list.
- Click the Comment tab in the Drawer.
- You can read any of the comments and add to these in the same way as above.
Dashboard - My Comments
The My Comments tab in the Dashboard displays a summary of any documents for which you have created a Comment or on which you have been mentioned. This displays the name of the person who created the Comment and it also displays the message. Click on the first line of the summary to display the details of the relevant document in the drawer with the Comment panel opened automatically.
You can filter the Dashboard - My Comments by Date Range with a Start and or End Date. You can also filter these by comments you are mentioned in or that you have created.