Documents are not syncing. There are files in the OneDrive FYI - My Imports folder, but OneDrive seems to be stuck and is continually syncing. The files keep trying to be re-added into FYI.
Symptoms can include the desktop OneDrive icon (the cloud) is displaying as constantly processing in the system tray of your desktop.
- This could be caused if you are trying to import a very large document, a very large number of documents or if other members of the team are syncing using the same shared OneDrive.
Note: There is a file size limit of 500mb for a file that can be imported via your FYI - My imports folder.
- This may be caused by a password change in Microsoft 365.
OneDrive is not FYI technology, but the issue can be solved by closing OneDrive and reopening it.
- Select the OneDrive icon inn the Windows taskbar notification area (in the bottom right-hand corner).
- Click Help & Settings and select Close OneDrive.
- Reopen OneDrive by searching for "OneDrive" in the Windows search.
- Then select and reopen the OneDrive app by clicking it.
You also need to check if OneDrive is often or permanently syncing and check it is up-to-date. Refer to How to check if the OneDrive is permanently or often syncing.
For information on FYI - My Imports, refer also to Using OneDrive FYI - My Imports to Automatically Import to your In Tray.