You can set up FYI to send documents via your practice's OneDrive Account. For details of how this is used, refer to Sending Documents via OneDrive.
The following information describes what needs to be set up in preparation for sending via OneDrive.
Step 1 - Map your Filing Structure for the Collaborate
A filing structure needs to have been first set up for any documents being sent to clients with the Collaborate function. Refer to Map your Collaborate Filing Structure.
Step 2 - Select the OneDrive Account to Use
You need to select the account for the OneDrive that will be used for the common activities across the practice.
Note: This account is used for all common OneDrive activities. It may already have been set up if you have imported historical documents. It is also used in the Bulk Export function. Refer also to Bulk Export.
You can select the OneDrive account for one of your team members (for example, a specific practice manager or an administrator).
Another option, which is the recommended way, is that you set up an Office 365 account specially for this. It is recommended to set this up with good name to represent your practice. Also ensure it has OneDrive enabled.
You can then set up a user directly in FYI that relates to this Office 365 account (refer to Confirm Active Users, Allocate a Group to each User, Add User).
You need to link the OneDrive Account to FYI so that any documents that are set to Send via OneDrive will be uploaded to this account's OneDrive.
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI administrator.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- For OneDrive, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the OneDrive Settings, select the OneDrive account that will be used.
How the Folders will be Created
The following shows how the folders will be created using the examples given in this article and with the folder structure set up as shown in Map your Collaborate Filing Structure.
- An Office 365 account that will be used as the default for your practice is set up as Growth Partners, and this has OneDrive enabled.
- A user Growth Partners has been added to FYI.
- The settings in Collaborate have been set with the structure set as Group Name and Year
- FYI will automatically create a top level folder FYI - Clients in the OneDrive designated as the default for your practice.
If, for example, a document for Frank Marshall, of the Marshall Group, for year 2018 is shared with the client via OneDrive:
- If it is not already a PDF, the document is saved as PDF.
- If any subfolders on the One Drive under FYI - Clients do not already exist, they are automatically created.
Then the documents are uploaded to:
OneDrive - Growth Partners - FYI - Clients
Subfolder Marshall Group
Within this folder, the subfolder 2018
Sharing a OneDrive folder with the Client
As well as giving access to OneDrive with an easy to use one time code, for any clients with which you work on a frequent basis, you can use the power of OneDrive to share your practice's OneDrive with specific clients. In this case, when the client receives the email with the link, they can access the document directly without needing a verification code.
Sharing is set up from within the configuration of OneDrive itself with Share. You can give clients full access rights to their folders within the OneDrive so they can also use it to upload and edit documents.