Email attachments can be auto-filed as separate documents within FYI. The attachment(s) are filed using the same auto-filing rules (such as the Cabinet and Categories) that is being applied to the email. Only genuine attachments are filed, and any attachments such as a jpg for a logo or signature are ignored. Attachments are only auto-filed once an email is filed in FYI, not if an email is awaiting filing and still in a User's In Tray.
Up to 10 files can be attached to an email. There is a total limit of 3MB to the size of the file(s) attached.
Your FYI administrator can set up how you want to use the auto-filing and if attachments are auto-filed. Refer to Email AutoFile Settings and Exclusions.
- In lists, the Email has attachments icon displays next to an email with attachments.
- When email attachments have been auto-filed, in the Drawer the filing details of the email displays Attachments have been AutoFiled.
- If attachments have been manually filed from Outlook, in the Drawer the filing details of the email displays Attachments have been Manual Filed
- The filing details also shows Email has attachments.
- The attachment(s) are filed as separate documents (for example, as Word, Excel etc.)
- You can expand the Attachments section in the email Drawer to see the name(s) of the attachments that have been auto-filed. Click on one of these to go to that document in the list.
- If a document is an attachment of another document, the parent document name is displayed in the Attachments summary section in the Drawer with a link to the document.
Refer to Saving Attachments.