One of the team members cannot access a document.
When filing an email or document, an error appears in their drawer stating "You do not have access to this document". This may display when filing the email in Outlook, or if the email has arrived in your In Tray
Or the message displays as "This document is saved to a secure cabinet or secure client that you do not have access to."
This error occurs if:
- The document has been filed to a cabinet that the user in question does not have access to. To update cabinet permissions for a user refer to Managing User Groups and Managing Users.
- An email is part of a thread and an earlier email in a thread was filed to a cabinet the user does not have access to.
- The document has been deleted.
- The document has been sent to or received from a client that you do not have access to.
- The document has been filed but there is no cabinet selected. If this has occurred, please escalate the matter to our support team as this should not be possible.
Check the Cabinet in the Filing Details
- If it is a single use-case:
The document can be refiled from the restricted cabinet to another cabinet by any user with access to both cabinets (for example, an FYI Administrator).
To locate a document that you cannot access, arrange for an FYI Administrator to go to the Documents workspace in FYI and search for the document or email you cannot access. Remember not to filter this search by any specific cabinet.
The FYI Administrator user should be able to locate the document or email in question, as they have access to all documents. Once located, select the document to display the FYI drawer and expand the Filing section to show the existing cabinet location or to see if the cabinet is missing.
- If this is a widespread issue:
Ensure all users have set up their AutoFile defaults via My Settings > Documents.
Refer to Setting Defaults and AutoFile Defaults for your Own Login - My Settings.
Check if the document was in Co-edit and the Cabinet was changed
If the document was in Co-edit and it was refiled, this can cause an issue if a Cabinet was selected that some users do not have access to. If a document is in Co-edit, it is recommended to finish Co-editing, change any filing details and then Co-edit again.
Check if the Document has been Deleted
You can check if a document has been deleted through your Deleted Views. Refer to Deleting Documents and Recovering Deleted Documents and Deleting Emails and Recovering Deleted Emails.
Once resolved, to find the document inside FYI refresh the document list and check if the document is present/accessible. Refer to Refreshing a view in Document Lists.
Check is Client Security has been enabled for that client
If you send or receive an email to a client and you have not been included in that client's security, an FYI administrator or a team member who has access to that client needs to include you in the access. Refer to Client Security