Each Job holds a State, such as "In Progress", "Planned", "On Hold".
As you can add your own customised States for Jobs in Xero Practice Manager, FYI includes a function so that an FYI administrator can map these to how the States display and are used in FYI. This allows you to select the colour coding of how they show in FYI, and also nominate which of the Xero Practice Manager States you use in your practice to indicate a "closed" job.
To display the Job States.
- From FYI, click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Practice settings from the drop-down, then select Documents.
- Go to the Job States tab.
A list displays the Job States your practice has defined in Xero Practice Manager.
Type - For each State, the Type determines what should be defined as an 'open' job or a 'closed' job in FYI. This is used when displaying jobs in lists to hide closed jobs.
- Any of the States used by your practice that are considered to be 'open' should be mapped to the FYI type of "Standard" or "On Hold".
This would be, for example, for states such as In Progress, Planned, Running, On Hold.
- Any of the States used by your practice that are considered to be 'closed' should be mapped to the FYI type of "Completed" or "Cancelled". This would be, for example, for states such as Lost, Cancelled.
- If a Job state is removed in Xero Practice Manager, you can set the FYI Type to "Archived" so it is not included in any filters.
Colour - You can set the colour in which the State displays in Job lists. You can use a system such as "Green", "Amber" or "Red", or use any of the other colours such as "Blue", "Grey", "Silver", "Teal", "Black".
Note: FYI can only sync job data, including Job States, for "current" jobs, that is for jobs in Xero Practice Manager where the "State Type" is "Standard". Therefore, when jobs are initially synced to FYI, a State will only be imported if it is allocated to any current jobs . If there are no current jobs for a particular State, that State will not be initially imported to FYI.