You can open a job to see additional information and access all the emails, documents and tasks that have been filed against a specific job. When you open a Job, the Jobs Summary initially displays. Refer to Job Workspace.
You can open a job in the following ways:
- In the Jobs List, click the Job Name in the list.
- In the Jobs List, select the job by clicking anywhere other than the Job Name, Client Group or Client.
Then click the Open button in the tool bar, or right-click and select Open from the tool bar pop-up menu (refer to Tool Bar and Right-Click Functions).
- You can open job from the Job Drawer.
Display the Job Drawer from the workspace by clicking anywhere other than the Job Name, Client Group or Client. Refer to Using the Job Drawer.
Then, from the Drawer, click the Open Job icon at the top of the Drawer.
- You can open one of the last 5 Jobs you have used with the Quick Access by clicking the down arrow next to the Jobs menu option from any list or workspace Refer to Quick Access to Recently Used Jobs and Views.
- You can use the Group/Client/Job search in the menu bar to search for a job. Refer to Group/Client/Job Search and Navigation.
Opening the Job in Xero Practice Manager
You can also open the job in Xero Practice Manager directly from FYI. You may be prompted to login to Xero Practice Manager:
With the relevant job selected in the list (with the drawer displayed), click the Open in XPM button on the tool bar, or the right-click pop-up menu,.
Or, in the Action Bar at the top of the drawer, you can also click Open in XPM.