You can open a job to see additional information and access all the emails, documents and tasks that have been filed against a specific job. When you open a Job, the Jobs Summary initially displays. Refer to Displaying Information for a Job.
This article contains the following sections:
Opening a Job in FYI
You can open a job in the following ways:
- In the Jobs List, click the Job Name in the list.
- In other lists that include the Job Name (such as the Documents or Tasks lists) the Job Name is a hyperlink which you can click to directly display the Job Workspace.
- In the Jobs List, select the job by clicking anywhere other than the Job Name, Client Group or Client.
Then click the Open button in the toolbar, or right-click and select Open from the toolbar pop-up menu (refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar).
- You can open a job from the Job Drawer.
Display the Job Drawer from the workspace by clicking anywhere other than the Job Name, Client Group or Client. Refer to Using the Job Drawer.
Then, from the Drawer, click the Open Job icon at the top of the Drawer.
- You can open one of the last 5 Jobs you have used with the Quick Access by clicking the down arrow next to the Jobs menu option from any list or workspace Refer to Quick Access to Recently Used Jobs and Views.
- You can use the Group/Client/Job search in the menu bar to search for a job. Refer to Group/Client/Job Search and Navigation.
Opening the Job in your Practice Management Software
For practices integrated with Xero Practice Manager or GreatSoft, You can also open the job in your practice management software directly from FYI. You may be prompted to log in to your practice management software:
With the relevant job selected in the list (with the drawer displayed), click the Open in PM button on the toolbar, or the right-click pop-up menu.
Or, in the Action Bar at the top of the drawer, you can also click Open in PM.