- Log in to your Dropbox account at www.dropbox.com.
- On the Dropbox Home screen, click Files to see all your folders in the base directory.
- From Files - My Files, you will see a list of folders and files. This is your root directory where the first level of folders and files are located.
- Locate the folder you wish to share and click the checkbox to select it.
- Click the Share button for the selected folder
On the right-hand side of the screen, click the blue Share button.
- Enter the email address, name, or group of the person (or people) you want to share the folder with.
Select the required option "Can Edit" or "Can View" to set what the person you are sharing the Dropbox folder with can do with it. For example, 'Share with email@example.com'.
You can optionally add a message to send to recipient.
- Click the Share button and a shared folder is created.
A notification email is sent to the person/people you have shared the folder with.
The folder should now show as in the following example. This example is a folder that has been shared with one other person and, instead of "Only You", this shows "2 Members" .
Optional Step: If you wish to create a new folder and enable it as a shared folder, click on the New shared folder on the right-hand side. When you click New Shared folder, a pop-up displays so you can create a new folder, or choose an existing one.
Then repeat the same process to share the new folder as above.