FYI can be integrated with digital signature providers, such as DocuSign or Adobe Sign - Enterprise, for digital signing.
The following describes how to set up and use FYI so that documents can be sent directly to either DocuSign or Adobe Sign- Enterprise.
To use this function:
- You need to be a registered and subscribed user of DocuSign or Adobe Sign.
- An FYI Administrator will first need to connect your DocuSign or Adobe Sign account to FYI.
- Users can then send selected PDF documents for signing from FYI using the Signature button.
Connect your Digital Signature Account to FYI
Your DocuSign or Adobe Sign account needs to be connected to FYI.
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI administrator.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Select either DocuSign or Adobe Sign click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the DocuSign Settings panel, click Request.
Enter the details of your account for DocuSign.
In the Adobe Sign Settings panel, click Connect, sign in and follow the prompts.
If Adobe does not respond correctly, you will need to use a private tab in your browser (incognito) to get Adobe to respond correctly. For example, to launch InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer, click on Settings > Safety > InPrivate Browsing, or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P.
Once set up, the DocuSign Settings shows the Connected date and time, Account and the Authorized User.
When set up, the Adobe Sign Settings shows the Connected date and time.
For Adobe Sign, you can set the Assign documents to individual users switch to allow for multi-users of Adobe Sign.
- Set Assign documents to individual users switch to "On" when you have multiple accounts in Adobe Sign. When sending a document it will show under the user's Adobe Sign account, so when a user sends a PDF for signing it will show under the documents that user sent.
- When Assign documents to individual users is set to "Off" there is only one shared account for everyone to use.
Sending a Document for Signature
All documents sent for signing must be a PDF.
Where multiple documents are being sent, they must be for the same client.
- In FYI, on a list, select one or more PDF documents for a specific client.
- Click the Signature button in the tool bar.
- The Send for Signature drawer displays and includes the names of the document(s) that are being sent. This shows the filing details of the FYI Weblink document that will be created as a record of the document(s) that have been sent for signature.
The Client name is automatically selected.
Service (mode) determines the service you are using to sign the document (DocuSign or Adobe).
In the Workflow, the Status is automatically set as "Pending Client Signature".
Include Reference must be set to "On". Every document in FYI has a unique reference number and this is automatically included in the file name of the document that is uploaded. FYI will use this reference number in the filename when bringing the signed document back into FYI (see below).
- Select the Service Status as "Draft" or "Send".
Send allows you to completely automate the signature request and it is sent to the chosen service immediately.
Draft allows you to create a draft request within the chosen service. You will then need to go into the service to complete the request and send it. This may be useful if you want to change the email sent or send the request to more than one person to sign.
- Click Create.
A Weblink document is created as a record of the document(s) that have been sent for signature. The original document(s) will show as a thread under the Weblink document. You can display the Drawer for the Weblink and see the relevant documents in the Threads section of the Drawer.
Threads for documents display in the same way as email threads. Refer to Managing Email Threads.
When sent to DocuSign, the Weblink document displays as follows.
When sent to Adobe Sign, the Weblink document displays as follows.
Opening the Weblink document
When you open the Weblink, you are prompted to login in to the digital signature provider. The Manage screen displays from where you can see the document(s) that were sent for signing either in the Draft or Sent screen according to whether you selected "Draft" or "Send" as the Service Status.
When the Document is Signed in DocuSign
When using DocuSign to get your client to sign documents, you can set up DocuSign so that documents will be dropped back into your practice's OneDrive (see below). FYI is polling OneDrive. When the client has signed the document, FYI will bring the signed document back into FYI.
Using the unique reference number, FYI will update the underlying document as a higher version and automatically update the workflow status to "Client Signed".
This shows as a three document thread. This has the signed document at the top of the thread, then the Weblink document below this in the thread (as a record of the send), and then the original document. Threads for documents display in the same way as email threads. Refer to Managing Email Threads.
Configuring DocuSign to Upload Signed Documents
To set up in DocuSign so that documents are dropped back into your practice's OneDrive so they can be brought in automatically to FYI, please refer to the DocuSign help topic Connect. From here you set up DocuSign to drop bank signed documents are dropped back into your practice's OneDrive in FYI - Clients.
When the Document is Signed in Adobe
When using Adobe Sign to get your client to sign documents, Adobe notifies FYI when a document is signed. The signed PDF is pulled into FYI and it shows as a document thread. This has the signed document at the top of the thread, then the Weblink document below this in the thread (as a record of the send), and then the original document. Threads for documents display in the same way as email threads. Refer to Managing Email Threads.