FYI can be integrated with digital signature providers DocuSign for digital signing.
The following describes how to set up and use FYI so that documents can be sent directly to DocuSign.
To use this function:
- You need to be a registered and subscribed user of DocuSign. Refer also to the FAQ Which Plan is Required for Adobe Sign, DocuSign, Annature and FuseSign to work with FYI?
- An FYI Administrator will first need to connect your DocuSign account to FYI.
- Users can then send selected documents for signing from FYI using the Signature button.
Connect your Digital Signature Account to FYI
Your DocuSign account needs to be connected to FYI.
Note: This is a one-off step and can only be done by an FYI administrator.
- From FYI, click the Automation menu option.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- In DocuSign app, click the cog icon to edit it.
- In the DocuSign Settings panel, click Request.
Enter the details of your account for DocuSign.
Once set up, the DocuSign Settings shows the Connected date and time, Account and the Authorized User.
Note: DocuSign is integrated with a single subscription which is normally set up by the practice administrator. This is the user who shows as the Authorised User in the Document App in FYI.
When users send documents for signatures, it will show the Authorised User as the sender and when the client reviews and signs the documents, it will be this Authorised User who is notified.
Sending a Document for Signature
- All documents sent for signing must be a PDF.
- Where multiple documents are being sent, they must be for the same client.
- There is a maximum of the combined documents of 35.65MB that can be sent in a DocuSign signature request and a message displays if this is exceeded.
- In FYI, on a list, select one or more PDF documents for a specific client.
- Click the Signature button in the tool bar. Or, for a single PDF, right-click and select Signature from the tool bar pop-up menu (refer to Using the Document Action Tool Bar).
- The Send for Signature drawer displays and includes the names of the document(s) that are being sent. This shows the filing details of the FYI Web Link document that will be created as a record of the document(s) that have been sent for signature.
- The Client name is automatically selected.
In the Workflow, the Status is automatically set as "Pending Client Signature".
Include Reference must be set to "On". Every document in FYI has a unique reference number and this is automatically included in the file name of the document that is uploaded. FYI will use this reference number in the filename when bringing the signed document back into FYI (see below).
- Select the Service Status as "Draft" or "Send".
Send allows you to completely automate the signature request and it is sent to the service immediately.
Draft allows you to create a draft request within the service. You will then need to go into the service to complete the request and send it. This may be useful if you want to change the email sent or send the request to more than one person to sign.
The Service used is automatically determined by the service you are using to sign the document (for example, DocuSign, Adobe Sign, Annature or FuseSign). If you happen to have more than one service connected, you will see a selection for Service in the Send for Signature so you can select which to use.
- Click Create. The underlying document(s) are automatically marked as sent.
A Web Link document is created as a record of the document(s) that have been sent for signature.
When sending a single document with the Service Status as "Send", the original document shows as a thread under the Web Link document. You can display the Drawer for the Web Link and see the relevant documents in the Threads section of the Drawer. Threads for documents display in the same way as email threads. Refer to Managing Email Threads.
For multiple documents, the original documents show as stapled together and are also stapled to the Web Link. You can display the Drawer of any of the document, or for the Web Link, and see the relevant documents in the Stapled section of the Drawer. Refer to Stapled Documents.
Opening the Web Link document
When you open the Web Link, you are prompted to login in to the digital signature provider. The Manage screen displays from where you can see the document(s) that were sent for signing either in the Draft or Sent screen according to whether you selected "Draft" or "Send" as the Service Status.
When the Document is Signed in DocuSign
When using DocuSign to get your client to sign documents, you can configure DocuSign so that documents will be dropped back into your practice's OneDrive (see below for how this is configured). FYI is polling OneDrive. When the client has signed the document, FYI will bring the signed document back into FYI.
Using the unique reference number, FYI will update the underlying document as a higher version and automatically update the workflow status to "Client Signed".
For a single document, the signed PDF is automatically added to the top of the thread, then the Web Link document below this in the thread (as a record of the send) and then the original document. Threads for documents display in the same way as email threads. Refer to Managing Email Threads.
For multiple documents, these are automatically Stapled together along with the Web Link. Refer to Stapled Documents.
Configuring DocuSign to Upload Signed Documents
To set up DocuSign so that documents are dropped back into your practice's OneDrive so they can be brought in automatically to FYI, please refer to the DocuSign help topic Connect. From here you set up DocuSign to drop back signed documents into your practice's OneDrive in FYI - My Imports.